RC C-102 Avro JetLiner Build! - Page 5 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Scale Aircraft Discuss Scale Aircraft.

Old 01-09-2015, 08:03 PM   #41
stegl
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Len S
Radio of choice:
Jeti DS16 just need one radio as it does it all but still use my Airtronics SD10.
# of RCs: 10

Total Props: 20
Re: RC C-102 Avro JetLiner Build!

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEMONDRIVER View Post
Stegl typed:

"Because the U.S. were So far Behind in Fighter Bomber Development"

I want Every Canadian here to please Note these two American aircraft:

1. Is the North American A5 Vigilante from 1958 ( Same year as the Arrow)

2. Is the Convair B-58 Hustler from 1956 (two years before the Arrow)

3. Is the F-106 Dart, from 1956 (two years Before The Arrow)

4. Is the F-104 Starfighter Flew In 1954

All of these American aircraft flew Faster, Higher, and had longer range than the Avro Arrow EVER achieved In flight . . . . . Sorry Stegl

Sorry I had to do that to you Son!
Accept your apology. You need to be updated on the performance of the Test Arrow aircraft. Thefirst entry/effort into supersonic jet aircraft. The initial engine used was the Pratt&Whitney J75 turbine (base thrust 12,500 lbs each) the already built Arrow into the air. The actual Orenda Iroquois jet engine was still being tested and developed ( by Canadians) with a 50% increase in thrust . Combat ceiling would have been raised from 53,000 ft to 58,500 feet. Rate climb increase from 16,500 ft to 20,300 ft from 40,000 ft altitude using the newer Iroquois engine which had plans for vastly improved performance.

Yes, publicly this was cancelled by the then government in power only on financial reasons; so it is said ; but years later is was media disclosed that the US government had convinced the political party in power to cancel the project. It was very unfortunate as this aircraft was designed with the new Canadian designed Orenda engines planned for this aircraft to reach Mach 2.5 with a combat ceiling of over 68,000 feet. which as I said earlier that the US Air force did not want to happen.

And what happened to all these engineers ? they went south with their expertise to work for NASA and put a man on the moon .

What about the Orenda engine ? It could go from idle to full power in 2.8 seconds.... unheard of back then.
stegl is online now   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 01-09-2015, 08:10 PM   #42
DEMONDRIVER
RCC Junior Contributor

I am: Chris M
Radio of choice:
Futaba
# of RCs: 75

Total Props: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by stegl View Post
Accept your apology. You need to be updated on the performance of the Test Arrow aircraft. Thefirst entry/effort into supersonic jet aircraft. The initial engine used was the Pratt&Whitney J75 turbine (base thrust 12,500 lbs each) the already built Arrow into the air. The actual Orenda Iroquois jet engine was still being tested and developed ( by Canadians) with a 50% increase in thrust . Combat ceiling would have been raised from 53,000 ft to 58,500 feet. Rate climb increase from 16,500 ft to 20,300 ft from 40,000 ft altitude using the newer Iroquois engine which had plans for vastly improved performance.

Yes, publicly this was cancelled by the then government in power only on financial reasons; so it is said ; but years later is was media disclosed that the US government had convinced the political party in power to cancel the project. It was very unfortunate as this aircraft was designed with the new Canadian designed Orenda engines planned for this aircraft to reach Mach 2.5 with a combat ceiling of over 68,000 feet. which as I said earlier that the US Air force did not want to happen.

And what happened to all these engineers ? they went south with their expertise to work for NASA and put a man on the moon .

What about the Orenda engine ? It could go from idle to full power in 2.8 seconds.... unheard of back then.
Avro Arrow=Woulda-Coulda-Shoulda! To-little to-Late! Had it had this engine, Had it gone into service, Blah-Blah . . . .Blah.

Someday You Canadians are gonna STOP blaming Americans for all your Nations Many problems and start holding yourselves accountable!

Ohh-Yeah this is the Avro-Jetliner Thread . . . .your on the wrong Thread Stegl Yet Again.
DEMONDRIVER is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-09-2015, 09:23 PM   #43
stegl
RCC Supreme Contributor

Radio of choice:
Jeti DS16 just need one radio as it does it all but still use my Airtronics SD10.

Demon:
Just clarifying the attack on other Canadian aviation firsts. Didn't mean to cause a furor over this as it was your rebuttal to my statement that the US had successes over and above what we Canadians can be proud of. Peace ?

Lets get back to R/C modeling and I think your build of the AVRO 102 is a great idea and look foreword to your ongoing build.

Old 01-09-2015, 10:14 PM   #44
DEMONDRIVER
RCC Junior Contributor

Radio of choice:
Futaba

Quote:
Originally Posted by stegl View Post
Demon:
Just clarifying the attack on other Canadian aviation firsts. Didn't mean to cause a furor over this as it was your rebuttal to my statement that the US had successes over and above what we Canadians can be proud of. Peace ?

Lets get back to R/C modeling and I think your build of the AVRO 102 is a great idea and look foreword to your ongoing build.
Hey The Avro Arrow was an AMAZING Jet, No Doubt!, I have 3 Scale models of her and hope to build an RC version someday, But you Canadians Tend to get a Tad carried away with Her Folk-lore Lol

Listen I'm Building 2 Canadian Avro-Jetliner's Here so try to see The Bigger picture here Sir.
Old 01-09-2015, 10:52 PM   #45
stegl
RCC Supreme Contributor

Radio of choice:

Yes the Arrow had tons of potential but not enough money at the time as the military aircraft of the 50's and early 60's were a lot of trial and error on both sides of the border.

There were a couple of larger ducted fan Arrows built in Calgary, Alberta for the making of the Arrow movie some years back.

Ok back to your build and lots of pictures now !
Old 01-10-2015, 03:21 PM   #46
DEMONDRIVER
RCC Junior Contributor

Radio of choice:
Futaba

I'll tell you one thing Stegl American Aircraft manufacturers had NOTHING like the Avro - Jetliner in 1949. . . .it took Boeing 5 more years before we had anything like the C-102.

With the C-102 Canada was the equal of Britain with her Comet in 1949.
Old 01-10-2015, 04:29 PM   #47
cman
RCC Contributor

I am: Chuck B

Total Props: 5

Any updates on your build?

I'm looking forward to following it
cman is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-10-2015, 05:54 PM   #48
DEMONDRIVER
RCC Junior Contributor

Radio of choice:
Futaba

Quote:
Originally Posted by cman View Post
Any updates on your build?

I'm looking forward to following it
Just the two tails so far Sir. . . . I expect do do some more soon.
Old 01-10-2015, 10:19 PM   #49
FLYingLoW
RCC Apprentice

I am: Charles R
Radio of choice:
futaba
# of RCs: 8

Total Props: 1

For the prototype.
FLYingLoW is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-10-2015, 10:21 PM   #50
FLYingLoW
RCC Apprentice

I am: Charles R
Radio of choice:
futaba
# of RCs: 8

Total Props: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEMONDRIVER View Post
Yellow & blue. . . For which livery Sir?
For the prototype.
FLYingLoW is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.