General RC Car & Truck discussion General Discussion about R/C topics

Old 12-31-2014, 02:02 PM   #1
RCC Noob
I am: Aidan
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 1

Total Props: 0
Slash vs Stampede

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Hey, I was wondering whats better for bashing around my yard and dirt pits. The Traxxas Nitro Slash or the Traxxas Nitro Stampede?

Elpacotaco912 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 01-02-2015, 10:54 PM   #2
RCC Apprentice
I am: Sean Z
Radio of choice:
Traxxas TQ
# of RCs: 5

Total Props: 0
Re: Slash vs Stampede

I think it's all personal preference.

I find the Slash is a lot more stable on jumps and dirt tracks. Also every outdoor track has a racing series for this truck (Short-Course 2 and 4 wheel drive)

The stampede is basically a mini t-maxx. Good for bashing but not much else. Meaning it rolls if you looks at it wrong.

Buuut if you're going the nitro truck route, why not pat the extra hundred bucks and get yourself a revo 3.3? It's damned near indestructible. You will get A LOT more bang for your buck.

I got my revo off kijiji almost brand new. (not even damage to the body or skid plates) I payed 300 bucks and got everything including some upgrades the dude never installed and was nice enough to leave me with. Basically he just got done with the break in and his kids lost interest so it just sat there.

If you are dead set on getting a 1/10 nitro short course/basher, I suggest going with the Traxxas Slayer. It's essentially just a Revo with shorter arms. I ran the 2.5 nitro version of this truck for years. I loved it. I ran it through deep snow, rivers (with a snorkel), dirt, over my house. I never broke anything on it and I ran it for 5 years. I abused the hell out of that truck and it stood up. I upgraded the tranny to an FOC and threw in a Traxxas 3.3 motor. The engine finally seized up because I stopped doing after run maintenance the last winter I ran it. (got lazy and planned on getting my Revo 3.3 so I didn't really care.

Keep looking on kijiji, amazon and Make sure to use the "free shipping" option
Always get them to run the car before buying it and inspect it thoroughly.

TIP.... if you are running ezStart, cover the holes on the sides of the starter with e-tape. Its a massive design flaw. It will not over heat as it is only used for a few seconds at a time and if you don't do this, the starter will eventually fail from contaminants built up inside killing it. Easy to fix but why spend the money when all you need is 2 cents worth of tape.

In summation, buy a Revo lol. Only way to jump a house worry free just land on the wheels lol (when I did this with my Slayer, I landed on the roof of the car and dented the top fins on my motor (which I fixed in 2 seconds). I suggest buying a rollcage if you plan to go huge.

Remember if price is a major factor, use Amazon or Ebay. You will find wicked deals if you look for em.

Good Luck!
RC_love is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.