mcpx 2 problems please help! - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Electric RC Helis Discuss helicopters, setups and power systems for electric helicopters.

Old 01-03-2015, 05:51 PM   #1
RCC Noob
I am: Justin
# of RCs: 5

Total Props: 0
mcpx 2 problems please help!

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
im fairly new to helis and this is my first cp helicopter and I seem to be having a problem. at first it kept cutting out after less than a minute of flight over and over again. I thought maybe that batteries were toast so I went out and bought 2 brand new ones. after putting them in it wouldn't even take off and is doing some funny things sometime the blue lights flashes off and on. please help!

Linnzer is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 01-03-2015, 06:51 PM   #2
RCC Apprentice
I am: Pierre C
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 10

Total Props: 2
Re: mcpx 2 problems please help!

Hi, there. Here are a few things that you could check, beyond a bad battery:

1. bad charger or connection (ie, good battery, but not being charged)
2. loose/broken battery connector or wire on the helicopter. this has happened to me once.
3. bad motor. this has happened to me twice over the past three years. The helicopter worked for about a minute, and i guess the motor needed too much current, causing the voltage to drop and the helicopter to cut out intermittently.

Helicopter not getting off the ground: after a crash or hard landing, the main gear often moves out of position on the shaft. The shaft has a flat spot, and the gear has a D-shaped hole. If it is out of place, hold the gear with one hand and the head with the other, and twist until they line up again. then squeeze the gear up against the frame by carefully squeezing down on the head with your fingers and up on the gear with your thumbs. Also check the shaft by gently twisting the head while holding the gear. If you see cracks opening up at the top the shaft, replace the shaft.

Hope this helps
LPII is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-04-2015, 07:30 AM   #3
RCC Junior Contributor
I am: Jim A
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 10+

Total Props: 1

I agree with Pierre, from your video it sounds like your battery is not fully charged....keeps going into low voltage cutoff......are you able to check the voltage and make sure it is at 4.2v. indicated that you would get 1 minute of flight UNTIL you changed batteries....and now you get nothing.....sounds like charging issue.
MAAC #87822
Goblin 700 Vbar/Trex 700 Vbar/Trex 550 MiniVbar/ Trex 500 MiniVbar/ Trex 450 MiniVbar
botts is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-05-2015, 07:02 PM   #4
RCC Apprentice
I am: Wayne K
Radio of choice:
Spektrum DX 6
# of RCs: 6

Total Props: 0

My Nano CPX did the exact same thing motor was toast. Replaced with brushless upgrade works, now all I have to do is get the tail shake out.
Kibbs is offline   Quick reply to this message.

mcpx , problems

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.