My 200 Dollar CNC - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Construction Ideas, Hints and Tips For all the builders out there. Ask questions, make suggestions, trade tips.

Old 01-20-2015, 05:02 PM   #11
RCC Noob
I am: Dezi G
Radio of choice:
Any one that works :)
# of RCs: 4

Total Props: 0

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
i have been toying around the idea of making a cnc mill and foam cutter all in one unit. That way I can save money by not having to buy it twice. Looks like a pretty easy doable project'
Dezmond is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 01-20-2015, 10:12 PM   #12
RCC Senior Contributor
I am: Rob B

Total Props: 4
Re: My 200 Dollar CNC

Definitely interested in this.

rbwater is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-21-2015, 11:12 AM   #13
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Steve H.

Total Props: 2

Last night I was able to finish wiring the system and I managed to configure it in Mach 3. I have movement

I was even able to run a sample G-code file. Now I have to find the time to build the table. Eventually I will have to change the title of this thread but for now my plan is to build a very simple table. Confidence is up as I head in to the software!

Thanks guys
Hughes500E is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-21-2015, 11:20 AM   #14
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Steve H.

Total Props: 2

Dezi feel free to post some pictures, I'd love to see your designs!

Thanks Ken

Nick, I'd love to

Dezi G go for it. Once I have a handle on this I plan on purchasing a 3D extruder head and ultimately a laser for cutting ply. That's down the road a bit though!

Awesome Rob
Hughes500E is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-21-2015, 11:58 PM   #15
RCC Apprentice
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 20+

Total Props: 1

Steve having now read this article, you are nut........

and that being said, you forgot one important person to pull some info off of. the nice gent that got you the maac tent is ocd enough to have already done all this and probably has all the stuff your looking at aquiring in storage right now.

didnt want to name names of course.
furballll is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-15-2015, 02:31 PM   #16
RCC Noob
I am: Ivan
Radio of choice:

Total Props: 0

I have built several CNC routers, one for myself and 2 for other people. The first one I built was from a Techno Isle router frame I got off e-bay for 60 bucks. This was a great start, good mechanics so all I had to do was wire it up and learn the control. The controller and stepper drives were an integrated Gecko G540. This was a brilliant controller to start and learn on. It has lots of power for useful sized stepper motors and is dead reliable. The G540 is a 4 axis controllers so I made a rotary axis for it last year and it has been running almost daily at my friends wood shop. If you are looking for good quality reasonably priced linear components as well as cnc machine frame kits XZero CNC is the place to go. George from Zxero was here in Toronto but has moved out west but still has the best prices on CNC routers and parts in Canada. Xzero supplied me with the parts for my large 4'x4' router which has run flawlessly for 2 years now making patterns. Just like everything else, you get what you pay for, CNC electronics and linear mechanics are no different except that if a component fails when making a part it can be dangerous as well, the loss of time, material and use of machine. For fine 2d profile cutting I found the router or my CNC mill to slow and cumbersome due to the cutter size and kerf needed. I now have a laser for detailed cutting and engraving which. This does a fantastic job on plywood, balsa and plastics.
If I can be of assistance let me know
uglyduck is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.