Pilot R/C Extra 300 - 88 inch - 30% - 50cc Airframe + Motor (/w prop) - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
FS - Airplanes Sell airplanes.
Note: Commercial posts are not allowed on the boards.

Closed Thread
Old 01-22-2015, 07:54 PM   #1
RCC Junior Contributor
I am: Jose
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 8

Total Props: 0
Pilot R/C Extra 300 - 88 inch - 30% - 50cc Airframe + Motor (/w prop)

Quantity: 1
Manufacture: pilot rc
Power Plant: Gas
New or Used: Item is used and shows some wear.
Trades: No trades.
Asking Price: $650
Accepted forms of payment: EMT, Cash, Paypal
Shipping : I will not ship.
My Location: Mississauga, ON

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
I finally decided to sell my baby simply because I have to free up space to store a new plane, I really don't want to sell it, but out of the other planes I have that are of a larger size, this is the only one I would be willing to let go.

It's a Pilot-RC Extra 300, 88 inch wingspan, 30%, 50cc, comes with a DLE-55RA gas engine, unmounted but I may be willing to get it mounted depending on whether I get what I'm asking for the plane. Right now there's a brand new DLE61 mounted but that's going in my new 3DHS Extra SHP, I wouldn't be willing to sell it with the DLE61 unless I got a good offer for it.

The DLE55 is two seasons old, runs great, starts up with one or two flips at the most. Running synthetic oil. This motor is actually a really nice motor and runs VERY nicely, but because of advice I'm getting from fellow club members, this new Extra I just got flies real great with the extra power the DLE61 provides, or else I would have loved to keep the DLE55 because it's such a good running engine.

The airframe will comes with the DLE55, carbon Falcon propeller, gas tank and fuel lines installed, servo horns for Hitec on the rudder and elevators. No wheel pants. Also carbon fiber landing gear is installed. The frame does show some wear, it did have one incident where I had to dead stick it in for a landing but the plane ended up flaring when the motor shut off and ended up luckily in a tall bush, no extreme damage, actually very little, I think the landing gear took most of the force but didn't break. Only real damage was on the left side of the fuse because after going in the bush it leaned over to the left and the wing got pushed in a bit causing a few balsa spars to break in the fuse. The tip of trailing edge of the aileron also bent a bit, about 1 1/2 to 2 inches of balsa was replaced and re-covered on the corner, can't see anything was ever broken. In the fuse you can see a few places where I glued spars back in and added a 5 inch long 1/8 squared balsa strip to strengthen where the damage was. So as the plane isn't 100%, you can barely even see damage was ever done because the damage was very minor but I'm not going to lie and try to sell a plane and say it's perfect. I will disclose every little bit of everything I sell. The first two pictures attached to the post show the damage right after it happened, it was fixed the next day. The last three pictures were taken just as I'm editing this post, I also noticed while I was looking over the plane that the buyer may want new wheels, so I'm willing to pay for them and throw them in regardless because it was sitting for so long through the winter the tires are sitting as if they're flat, so that will be fixed. Also forgot to mention that the carbon rods are included for the wings and elevators, wing bag is included for the wings but I don't have a wing bag for the elevators. If you have a large enough vehicle for transport you may not need them, you can leave them on the plane.

The plane itself flies great, I last flew it a few weeks ago which was the only chance I had to go out flying since last season and it still flies AWESOME, I have a ton of videos on YouTube of this plane and the condition hasn't changed since those videos, still looks beautiful, performs 3D amazingly. I don't want to let this plane go but I have to.

Here are links to the videos of a few flights I had with this plane, one was my second flight after the maiden, the rest of the videos I think were near the end of the season:

This is the product page at Pilot-RC's website, the one I'm selling is the BLUE scheme.

Airframe + DLE55 + Falcon Carbon 24x8 prop + gas tank and lines + servo horns

Airframe alone (with gas tank, lines and servo horns)

I will only mount the DLE55 for the buyer if I get the asking price.
I will not ship, must be picked up in Mississauga, Meadowvale area or Streetsville area.
I will accept cash, EMT or PayPal as payment.

Please don't low ball me, I know I mentioned damage but it's minor. It's a great plane!

================================================== =======
RCC Classified Quick Rules

- Location & price is a must when selling RC related items. Update your profile!!!
- Use the feedback system after a sale / trade.
- Buyer Beware!
- One bump / TTT every 3 days.
- Classified rules here.
** Infractions will be passed out if rules are broken. Threads may be deleted.

================================================== =======
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2113.JPG
Views:	143
Size:	210.1 KB
ID:	532410   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2119.JPG
Views:	125
Size:	221.8 KB
ID:	532418   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2415.JPG
Views:	79
Size:	239.4 KB
ID:	533626   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2410.JPG
Views:	87
Size:	244.1 KB
ID:	533642  

Last edited by uzig718; 01-23-2015 at 09:38 PM.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 01-23-2015, 06:02 PM   #2
RCC Junior Contributor
I am: Jose
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 8

Total Props: 0
Re: Pilot R/C Extra 300 - 88 inch - 30% - 50cc Airframe + Motor (/w prop)

Photos added

Also forgot to mention carbon rods included, and the wing bag. However I don't have bags for the elevators. Also the wheels will be replaced as they are sitting flat because it's been sitting for the winter.

Just finished stripping the plane down, almost cried... I may just bury it 6 feet under in my back yard if I don't sell it lol

I'm also going to include the throttle servo, 645MG Hitec, and I may include the aileron servos as my new plane requires stronger servos, they are 985MG.

Here's a pic of the air frame.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2420.JPG
Views:	48
Size:	251.7 KB
ID:	533794   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2419.JPG
Views:	47
Size:	141.9 KB
ID:	533802  

Last edited by uzig718; 01-23-2015 at 09:37 PM. Reason: Stripped airframe photo