RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Fixed Wing Discuss fixed wing aircraft.

Closed Thread
Old 09-18-2002, 11:39 PM   #1
RCC Expert Contributor
I am: Derrick R

Total Props: 0
Favourite Maneuver ?

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
What is everyone's favourite maneuver with their plane? :

I love to do inverted, high speed, low passes about a foot or two off the deck the full length of the runway! What a hoot!

Lately I have been known to slow those high speed passes down somewhat and get some grass stains on the rudder!
Derrick is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 09-19-2002, 01:43 AM   #2
RCC Noob

Hello Derrick

That sounds like I fly.. What i like to do is get enough altitude and fly full throttle. Push down elevator and do a outside half loop so I get inverted then dive down at the deck full throttle, cross the field very LOW inverted then do a 90' turn up into a lomchevak. Or knife edge 8's down low, or when the president is not around I do a rudder touch on the umbrella over our picnic table.. it's fun. Sometimes basic moves done a certain way are exciting. Take a snap roll for instance. Doing it up high is nothing but I do them close to the deck that when the planes snaps over the wing tip is less than a foot from the grass. The members at my club (mostly older men) always call me a hot shot and they say "why do you torque roll and fly your planes like such a maniac? real planes don't do that"

These are guys that put a moki 1.8 in a taylorcraft and fly it around 1/4 throttle. I'm the youngest guy at the field so I hear it all the time.

oh well eh ......
too bad for them.. maybe next time i'll ask them if they want extreme flying lessons the RVD way..
There is 2 types of pilots... There is the ones that fly like me... and there is the ones that wish they could.....
rvd is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-19-2002, 06:34 AM   #3
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Bob D.
Radio of choice:
Futaba 12FG
# of RCs: 1+

Well with my aerobatic hog bipe ......

Seriously though, a good low pass /touch and go is fun but tedious after awhile. I've been working towards precise control (e.g. a series of 1/4 rolls at a given altitude) It's not nearly as easy as throwing the sticks to each corner

Hammer heads with a bipe (and maintaining orientation afterwards), split s, immelmans; all fun.

Been trying knife edge with a sportster bipe I bought from a buddy (who shall remain nameless Derrick) but holding it has been a challenge through the turns.

Looking at a different plane now for aerobatics and getting the nerve to try a flat spin; just never done one on purpose, no idea why

Now in combat, all these manouveurs combined plus some that haven't been written yet..... and that's on takeoff for some of the guys in our league

Hey, flying is fun, what can I say

Bob aka Nuker
Bob D.
Ajax RC Club
Indoor Aero-Choppers
Member of MAAC since I joined

Lighten Up, Life is waaaaaayyyy too short
Nuker is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-19-2002, 07:14 AM   #4
RCC Master Contributor
I am: Scott

I'd have to say that my all time favourite maneuver has to be landing on the field with the wheels.

I like the inverted flat spins and am working on knife edge circles and torque rolling.
I never crash...I land with style!

Ajax R/C Club
Fodder is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-19-2002, 09:52 AM   #5
RCC Apprentice

I agree with fodder, landing on the wheels and taking it home without need of repair.
clouddancer is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-19-2002, 10:34 AM   #6
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Chris R

Total Props: 1
Make that 3!!! Landing on the wheels and not taking it home in a garbage bag!!!!! (explains my signature!!)
Chris Rebidoux
Gravity works. I've tested it......often!!!
Building: Jerry Bates 1/4 Chipmunk
Vancouver Vanguard 1/6 Fairey Firefly
planecrazy is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-19-2002, 11:43 AM   #7
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: JLA

Total Props: 3
I'm at that point in my flying career where I'm trying out all the fancy stuff....probably not so fancy to you more experienced guys....but there is nothing like trying out a new maneuver all afternoon and finally nailing it.

Man I love this Hobby!

aubej is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-19-2002, 01:26 PM   #8
Claude Paradis
RCC Pro Contributor
I am: Claude P.
Radio of choice:
Futaba 7C and 9C
# of RCs: 20+

My favorites depends on the plane I'm flying.

With the jungmeister bipe: long tail slides, climbing power turns, immelmans, split-s, figur 8 loops. I think I've grown out of hammerheads, I prefer another vertical turnaround - axial roll on the vertical followed by a flat rudder turn at the top, then nose it back down and do a matching axial roll. Hard to describe in words, but done right at each end of the field it is super cool and gets lots of "wow"s . I guess you would call it 1/2 a flat spin turn at the top? Does tumble pretty good too.

With the Kougar: speed. Inverted flight. Big loops. Working on knife edges. I think I need more rudder throw.

With the Cub: anything that is slow and graceful. Hammerheads, simple loops. Greased landings. Numerous touch and goes and very slow flybys with the put-put of the saito. Flying on skis or floats is always a joy.
Claude Paradis is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-25-2002, 09:05 PM   #9
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Andrew Coholic
Radio of choice:
JR 12X

Total Props: 1
It depends upon what I am flying, but in general, I would have to say I love avelanche's (loop with a snap at the top) as they look so nice! I have finally figured out how to do a climbing flat spin with my Morris Hobbies Spinsation and that is one neat manouver.

Any time I manage to get a decent manouver after trying a lot, it becomes my favourite untill the next one!

But I still love avelanche's!!

Andrew Coholic -MAAC #26287L

1/2A to giant scale, IMAC, SAM, R/C sport, turbine jets, Heli's...
if its got a wing or two and an engine - I like it!
AJCoholic is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-20-2002, 06:09 PM   #10
I am: Boolean21

Total Props: 56
Not sure if I have a favorite, but generally I like one that is extremely challenging, something that I have to work on constantly to keep it right.

Currently that manuver is a

1 roll, rolling loop, from the top enter and exit inverted. The roll must be integrated through the loop.

The other is a 3 of 4 point roll with a 1 1/4 snap immediately after the point roll in the same direction, it looks really neat when done right
PurgatorY is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.