GreatPlanes UltraSport 40 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Fixed Wing Discuss fixed wing aircraft.

Closed Thread
Old 09-20-2002, 10:22 AM   #1
RCC Noob

Total Props: 0
GreatPlanes UltraSport 40

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Just wondering how many of you fly this airplane? I have one that was built from a kit about 3 years ago. There are a good flying plane but I have experimented with mine trying to get more out of it(more excitement).

I got a good setup with it now.. Snaps, lomcevaks, knife edge loops like crazy etc.
If anybody is interested in my setup for this plane let me know and i'll post everything from the cg, throws, and also which hole on the control horns the clevisis go through. (it does matter which hole for the rate if speed the control surface reaches maximum travel)

Just a little warning.. I fly my airplanes VERY responsive so if you are not comfortable with that don't bother but if you are then you will love it.

Give it a try, you won't believe what a ultrasport can do. hehe
There is 2 types of pilots... There is the ones that fly like me... and there is the ones that wish they could.....
rvd is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 10-31-2002, 06:20 PM   #2
RCC Noob

ultra sport 40

Hi I,m interested in your setup as I have a Ultrasport 40 which I am rebuilding this winter. thanks Dave.
levett is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-31-2002, 08:01 PM   #3
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Craig K
Radio of choice:
JR 9503
# of RCs: 7

ultra sport setup

Love to hear about your setup
engine/prop combo
have you installed retracts?

I have a nice flying kit built , ST 46, muffler (no pipe) Rhom retracts, JR radio, regular setup - 1 servo for ailerons,

craigk is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-01-2002, 09:04 PM   #4
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Ron
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 23

Total Props: 19

Me's still N.I.B.
Hangar Nine SpitFire..Saito.100
Top Flite P51..Saito.91
RCGUYS Decathlon..SPE 26
ronnieo is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-01-2002, 11:16 PM   #5
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Jim M

Total Props: 1
Bought one about 8 years ago from a friend in Kirkland Lake (Not Andrew but he knows who I mean).

First thing I did was put it on floats, and fly it Darlington Park with the Oshawa Club.

I had heard they were stable, But, that is the plane to use to learn how to do low inverted passes.

Flying over glassy water with it was the best, seeing the reflection and not having to worry about bumps in the field or that little tuft of grass that grabs the Stab.

Definitly a great plane.

Jim Moss
Jim Moss
MAAC 16236
IMAC 3716
My Old Gallery:
Straighten Up & Fly Right!
JimMoss is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.