wtd hotspot arc - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Wanted - Airplanes Airplanes you are looking for

Closed Thread
Old 12-12-2002, 08:44 PM   #11
RCC Junior Contributor

Total Props: 0

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
i was not planning on cheaping out,i was going to have brakes.
from what i seen this summer they take lots of room to stop, they like to come in very hot,was just looking for ways to slow her down.im guessing for what i seen as a turbine landing, brakes would not be thjaaaat effective.
im thinking of an over shut,not enough time to power up,or too fast to stop in time,my idea was to pop the shut and hopefully save the model,not to mention look cool

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 12-12-2002, 09:04 PM   #12
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Andrew Coholic
Radio of choice:
JR 12X

Total Props: 1
TRUST ME! The Reaper DOES slow down! Just glide her in (from a fair ways out) on idle and keep the nose slightly up (not too high) and it will come in like a low wing sport plane. My first # of landings were hot, and I overshot a few landings. After a dozen flights I finally got the hang of it, and now I can get it to come down S L O W...

But the brakes are nice, and I forgot one important thing. For short field take offs, you can hold the brakes, run up the throttle then release them. You make your take off run allready at full power rather than spooling up as you go. That way you get up to speed WAY faster and take off in no time. My Reaper gets off 200 feet rough grass every time on the 12 pounds. Mainly though they are great for landing, and even taxiing.

I dunno' about that chute thing, if you release it while the engine is still running.... what do you do?

Andrew Coholic -MAAC #26287L

1/2A to giant scale, IMAC, SAM, R/C sport, turbine jets, Heli's...
if its got a wing or two and an engine - I like it!
Old 12-12-2002, 09:29 PM   #13
RCC Junior Contributor

Total Props: 0
my idea is to have the same switch kill the engine, time delayed to pop the shut.
im not really stuck on this idea ,if i think i could get away without the chut i would,from what i seen they can land awfully fast.that usually doesent scare me but we are not talking about pocket change aircraft im just looking for a some what saftey feature for the model.
Closed Thread