|04-09-2015, 02:11 PM||#1|
I am: Joseph O'Neil
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: London, Ontario
# of RCs: 3
Feedback: 0 / 0%
Total Props: 0
regs and fules suggestions
Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
I am doing a couple videos for the local seminary. The grounds are large, and many people use the grounds for their drones. Mostly smaller ones, something like the Blade 200 for example, well under half a kilo in weight.
I have been talking to them about posting some overall rules for drone operation and here is a very, very rough draft of what I have come up with. I would like your suggestions, other than the obvious spelling and grammatical errors.
1) No commercial drone photography without the express permission of the seminary and proof of liability insurance;
2) No flying directly over the seminary, the parking lot or the Merrymount centre. No flying over crowds if any are present.
3) No flying of drones over 2 kilograms loaded weight without permission of the seminary.
4) Any person wishing to fly a drone on seminary grounds must first read the general rules and regulations of the the MAAC (Model Aeronautics Association of Canada) Safety Code. These documents, in PDF format, can be found free of charge on their website at:
Due to the effort of MAAC to provide flight training and promote safe operation of all remote control aircraft, a membership iis recommended, but not required.
5) Any person wishing to fly a drone on seminary grounds must first read the general rules and regulations of drone operation in Canada at the Transport Canada web site.
A PDF document, free of charges, can be downloaded at:
Opertation of all drones on seminary grounds will not deviate from Transport Canada regulations.
In my case, I am flying there at their invitation. Also, if I crash my drone into the seminary, the Bishop lives just two blocks from me ( seriously) and I suspect I would have my head on a platter, or about ten extra years in purgatory , or maybe even worse.
More seriously, let me know what you guys think
later and thanks ahead of time
|04-13-2015, 03:02 PM||#2|
★ Site Supporter ★★ Administrator ★
I am: Max P.
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Aurora, Ontario
Radio of choice:
JR and Spektrum
Feedback: 20 / 100%
Total Props: 149
Re: regs and fules suggestions
Are there that many people flying drones over the seminary that you need to have rules posted?
If the reason you are making these rules is because you plan on doing video work for the seminary (gratis?), then as long as you come up with these rules and review it with the people in charge and they give you their blessing (pardon the pun), you should be OK to proceed.
RC Test Pilot; FPV Instructor, Airplane Instructor; Helicopter Instructor
My Aircraft Albums: http://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/album.php?u=13173
Last Photo added: Dec 15; Warwing Foamy for FPV
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|