What cycler do you own and trust? - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Electronics Discuss radios, chargers, etc...

Closed Thread
Old 01-19-2003, 01:34 PM   #11
RCC Apprentice

Total Props: 0

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
I thought I'd see more Digipace 3 units. That was the one I was leaning towards.
A friend of mine has 3 different units on his bench
Seems like there would be a market for an all in one
rcpilotsteve is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 01-19-2003, 02:38 PM   #12
Kevin McGrath
RCC Pro Contributor
I am: kevin w

Total Props: 1
I have both a digiace 3,and one of the original accucycles and both work very well.I normally have three planes ready to fly all with electronic ignitions so I always seem to be cycling or charging a pack.Also I seem to have standardized at about the 1400 MAH size so the wall warts that come with the radios arent much use.I live 10min from our club field and dont fly electrics so dont have any need to quick charge from my car battery.
IMAA 27023
IMAC 3710
The Planet is doing what it has always done.......floods,volcanic eruptions storms,
earthquakes.........but today there are more people in the way.
Kevin McGrath is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-19-2003, 09:35 PM   #13
RCC Junior Contributor
I am: John A.
Radio of choice:
Airtronics 2.4
# of RCs: 12

I have an FMA Einstein Deluxe which I use in the shop for cycling battery packs. It has an AC transformer and very handy interface cords for all the major mfg's battery packs. I also have a Turbo Super Charger which I just got for use at the field with my new eflight system. It comes highly recommended, but I can't personally vouch for it yet. Luck, Dzl
If it doesn't stink, it's not a diesel.
Dzlstunter is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-19-2003, 10:27 PM   #14
Cecil Marshall
RCC Expert Contributor
I am: Cecil M
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 20+

Oops, posted this on the wrong forum previously

Maybe I'm showing my age , but I'm still using the analog "L.R. Taylor & Co. Power Pacer". Certainly not the most modern unit, but it presently serves my needs

I always carry my "Ace Super Smart Charger" along with a "Tower Hobbies" expanded scale voltmeter, in my transmitter case. I think I should "rent them out", half the "guys" at the field use them more than I do

Cecil Marshall is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-21-2003, 08:26 AM   #15
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Jim McIntyre
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 999

Originally Posted by Bob Hudson
I switched over to NiMH batteries near the end of this past summer.

At the same time I needed a new charger for the NiMh, and decided to try a Dymond Super Turbo

Works real good. Has lot's of options, including a cycle option..

Check it out, you might like it.

I'll second that. I bought one last year based on Robert Gayle's recommendation, very impressed with it's versatility. Can charge NiCD, Nimh, LiON and PB. of various configurations from trickle to fast charge rates.
MAAC# 12719
Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere - (If it ain't broke, don't fix it).
JimMcIntyre is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-21-2003, 10:47 AM   #16
RCC Apprentice

The Dymond looks like the Supernova options!!
Good price!!!!
Cecil, I bolted my ESV to my flight box 3 guys bought there own instead of carrying my box. I hear ya!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-21-2003, 11:02 AM   #17
RCC Apprentice

The Accucycle plus looks alright. Does both TX and RX which I like very much. I have the same option with my Digipace2. A question or two on it!!!
Does it Discharge with either 250 or 750 or does it also have the capability to do anything in between?
What is the biggest Battery you have cycled? Does it have a shut off time for a maximum charge?

This would be both of mine in one.........

Some serious charging capabilities here. The Alpha 4, wonder if they take trades,
smokin system
Old 01-21-2003, 12:53 PM   #18
Bob Hudson
RCC Master Contributor
I am: Bob H

The Dymond super Turbo

The Grest Planes Triton

And the Super Nova

ALL looks like similar units. Actually they look like they are designed and built in the same factory, only have different name stikies on them (LOL>

Don't know about the others first hand, but I do know about the Dymond

Charges and discharges in 50ma increnments to 5Amp max.

This means it can be set to trickle charge,fast charge, C/10, you name it

Can be set for either Nicad or Nimh.

Can hold 10 battery configurations in any of the Nicad or NiMh settings and ANY of the selectable Charge rates and Discharge rates

Frankly, I don'y know what else anyone would want a "simple" charger to do, other than be able to handle multiple packs.

But, at these prices you can buy 3 and STILL break even with the cost of an ALpha 4 !!

I run mine on A/C using an old PC power supply for the 12VDC. Works like a champ!

I have five (count em' -- 5 ) battery packs ( 4 x 1650 ma on RX , 1 x 2700 ma on Ign) in my planes and I can still charge them all in the evening after a contest ready for the next day.. (takes about half an hour per pack on quick charge.

Bob Hudson, MAAC 9709L
Bob Hudson is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.