Newbie tips - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Beginners / Newbies Interested in getting in the hobby. Not sure where to start. Post your questions here and one of the RCCanada experts will be glad to help you out!

Closed Thread
Old 02-25-2003, 08:54 PM   #1
Jan Blom
RCC Master Contributor
I am: Jan B

Total Props: 0
Newbie tips

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
One of the things I would recommend is predicting your level of addiction so that you can buy stuff without having to upgrade later. Example, chargers. There are so many do-it everything chargers out there making them a must have. Nicads, Nimh, L-ion, lead acid trickle, fast charge at the field... and so on. Also it is easier to resell a higher end product , like I seen so many stuck with four CH radio's.
Second, lose your pride, buy a second hand beater and fly the crap out of it!!! Dont be in a position where your knees are shaking flying your 200hr creation.
Jan Blom is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 02-25-2003, 11:27 PM   #2
RCC Master Contributor
I am: Naomi SL

RealFlight G2 Flight Simulator.

Invest yourself a good Flight Simulator like G2. You'll be glad you did when you are ready to fly. Save a great deal of disappointment at the field as well as shelling out money to buy parts to repair your model. Get good at it first before making that plunge into the real stuff. Connect yourself online to fly with others on G2 learn from them and get good at it.

Happy Hovering and Flying.
Click here to fill in your LOCATION!! in you profile

Reccession Hurts? Click here to vote

(\__/) (\__/)
(='.'=) (='.'=)
(")_(") (")_(")

Vital Stats:
Started R/C Airplane since 1975
Started R/C Helicopter since 2001
Heli_Gal is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-14-2003, 11:36 AM   #3
RCC Apprentice

I highly recommend the G2 simulator aswell. I am still new at the hobby but I have flown a lot of flight simulators including the G2. As a result, I was able to land my first time out! I was as amazed and so was my instructor. Don't get me wrong, it hasn't been all smooth sailing. For example, I landed once in the ocean(very bad for electronics! ) and I hit a tree(I was sure the plane was on my side of the tree but it wasn't) but I think It would be a lot slower process without the simulator>
chiroman is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-14-2003, 12:19 PM   #4
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Bob D.
Radio of choice:
Futaba 12FG
# of RCs: 1+

One good thing to remember is that this is a hobby. Don't make it a chore to learn to fly or else you'll burn out before you start to enjoy it.

Remember you can be safe and have fun at the same time

Bob D.
Ajax RC Club
Indoor Aero-Choppers
Member of MAAC since I joined

Lighten Up, Life is waaaaaayyyy too short
Nuker is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.