Magic 3d distroyed in shipping....check this out.... - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
FS - Airplanes Sell airplanes.
Note: Commercial posts are not allowed on the boards.

Closed Thread
Old 02-26-2003, 10:48 PM   #1
RCC Junior Contributor

Total Props: 0
Magic 3d distroyed in shipping....check this out....

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!

I figured it might be usefull to provide some details on a recent transaction I made with a US seller...

I purchased a brand new magic 3D with a brand new 52 fourstroke engine and Rx/servos..

I paid for insurance and shipping and the seller assured me he was used to shipping sensitive items...

I emailed him back a few days later asking how the shipping went and he then informed me he had shipped the plane in two boxes but had to remove the tail feathers to fit it in the I started to worry....we had never talked about cutting the tail feathers off at any time.....

his idea of removing tail feathers and mine are two different things...
the fuse came in what I though was a small box....I was not impressed to say the least when I opened it to find his idea of packing and mine are also very different...a few pieces of newspaper are not going to protect a balsa model in shipping....luckily the fuse survived the trip...he did however decide that since he had used Ca to lock the clevisis in the tail feathers he had no choice but to just cut them off I guess....(who would use CA on a clevis anyway..?)I spent about 6 hours in the shop rebuilding the tail feathers and installing all new pull pull cables in the fuse...the model was covered in fuel residue as well....not even cleaned.......Here is the best part.....I emailed him and we discussed this issue...he said well lets wait untill the wing gets there to continue the conversation.... a week went by and I recieved the wing....
It was placed in a cardboard envelope with absolulutly zero packing material......yes thats correct he simply put the wing in an envelope and mailed it off.... nowhere was it marked handle with care.......SEE PICS OF THE WING........... after more inspection I suddenly realized he had also not insured my purchase......YIKES...............
Down to the shop I go with my brand new Crushed wing...............
I have about 6 hours into that and I'm still not sure it can be used at all...

the reason for this post in the for sale area is to let eveyone know that these things can happen....
and to make sure you have a very detailed conversation with a long distance seller about all details....make sure your ideas are expressed about the proper shipping methods.....

I personally have shipped several airplanes all over the world and have even shipped a 100" one piece sailplane wing to the west coast with out a single scratch........I have never lost or had damadged any item I have shipped takes time and expense to ship things properly but in the end it makes for a very good transaction if done properly.....

I have recovered the cost of a replacement wing from the seller but after all the time involved in the repairs it was probibly not worth the efforts and stress....yes the airplane was in new condition when it left...his construction of the ARF was not in my opinion done properly and I did get a good deal on the airplane...less than the price of a new 52 fourstroke for the complete airplane with engine and flight pack.... My advise is BE CAREFULL

================================================== =======
RCC Classified Quick Rules

- Location & price is a must when selling RC related items. Update your profile!!!
- Use the feedback system after a sale / trade.
- Buyer Beware!
- One bump / TTT every 3 days.
- Classified rules here.
** Infractions will be passed out if rules are broken. Threads may be deleted.

================================================== =======

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 02-27-2003, 01:14 AM   #2
RCC Junior Contributor

Total Props: 0
on the brighter side of things,i repair luggage that looked in worse shape than that
hop you get everything patched up ok :P
those airlines can be pretty rough on things
Closed Thread