Personal Attacks - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Aircraft Discussion Discuss anything RC related

Closed Thread
Old 03-03-2003, 08:03 PM   #11
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: JLA

Total Props: 3

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
awww shucks guys....

Thanks for the kind words. I appreciate it all, but everyone here contributed to the atmosphere.

It comes down to the simple fact that we love model aviation and can all relate to each other.
We see enough political poo on CNN.... no need for it here.

have one on me!
aubej is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 03-03-2003, 08:44 PM   #12
RCC Supreme Contributor

Total Props: 0
I went over there..............once.

They can have it!!!

The sooner you fall behind, the more time you will have to catch up.
nony is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-03-2003, 08:56 PM   #13
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Maqsood

I have been reading about this OTHER SITE here on Rccanada. I have not visited that site and don't even know the address, but the way you guys keep advertising it here on Rccanada by talking about it, seems like people like me might be tempted to visit the site, maybe just as a matter of curiosity.
MAAC # 59977
IMAC # 4177

My Website
My Photo gallery
rcpilot is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-03-2003, 09:21 PM   #14
I am: Boolean21

Total Props: 56
Posting on the other site

I have posted and continue to post on the other site as I feel I have no alternative. As Kevin will attest I refrained from going there for some time. If they would keep thier poison on thier site I could live with that. When that fails the zone director over there sent an email to each and every one of the other zone directors insinuating that I post inapropriate material of a sexual nature. I expected at least a few of the recipiants to reply telling the man he was off base but it appears that he can say stuff like that without any consequences. I would not even known my name had been used in that fashion if not for a third party forwarding that mail to me. Not to worry Kevin I have no intention of posting that trash here. If that means I have to accept and put up with garbage like that to belong to this group then please remove my name and such from this site.

Dennis Pratt
PurgatorY is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-03-2003, 09:45 PM   #15
RCC Senior Contributor

I do post there, but in my own defense I must say. It is in defense of what MAAC has done and does now FOR the sport of R/Cing. Guys like Propworn, Jim M and Jim Mc and many others have contributed alot to this hobby and it's a shame that that "RAG-SITE" such as the M/Z can continually slam MAAC, it's executive and members that volunteer so hard for this hobby and get away with it.
I have been a volunteer and enjoy it very much. I just don't think it's right that the "RAG-SITE" should be allowed to do this. I hope the resolutions will pass at the AGM to put an end to their B/S.
Until then I've just been havin fun retalitating. Just MHO
Rob Harway
Sun Parlor Flyers
Windsor, Ontario

"Artificial Intelligence is no substitute for Natural Stupidity"
Rammer64 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-03-2003, 10:30 PM   #16
RCC Supreme Contributor

If you guys would quit playing their game, they would run out of people to argue with and the noble cause, as they understand it, would wither and die......

The sooner you fall behind, the more time you will have to catch up.
nony is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-03-2003, 10:39 PM   #17
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Steve H.

Total Props: 2
Well, I had to do a search and find out what all the comotion is about. I found what I think is the site, but I did not see any threat. Just a tiny little site with very little traffic........ (shrug)
Hughes500E is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-03-2003, 10:45 PM   #18
RCC Expert Contributor
I am: Derrick R

Re: Personal Attacks

Originally Posted by DP01
Two things need to happen, in my opinion (which combined with $1.14, will get you a medium coffee at Horton's): 1. The MBZ “Flame EX” should be discontinued before things get seriously out of hand. 2. Forum moderators should suspend or revoke the membership of ANYONE who engages in personal attacks on ANY forum.
I have to back-track a little from my first response to this thread where I said I agree with Dennis 100 % on what he originally posted.
I had to go and visit the OTHER site tonight just to see what the heck this Flame ex thing was, so now I've been there twice...

I do think that giving certain individuals a stage such as the flame ex is definitely a hinderance to MAAC and the RC community as a whole and does cause hard feelings, the flame ex forum definitely needs to be put to rest. I can agree 110% with that.

What I am unsure of is where Dennis(DP01) says that, "Forum moderators should suspend or revoke the membership of ANYONE who engages in personal attacks on ANY forum."

Does it mean that anyone who participates in a personal attack on a site outside of RCCanada should be suspended from RCCanada?
I hope not...This is where I would back track a little....maybe a lot.
I cannot agree with revoking memberships on RCCanada of people who participate elsewhere, regardless of how they participate in other forums, that is the person's right.
MAAC #41076
Derrick is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-04-2003, 06:02 AM   #19
Kevin McGrath
RCC Pro Contributor
I am: kevin w

Total Props: 1
Look folks......its every individuals business where and what they post and for what reasons.The attitudes and personality of the two sites under discussion are totally opposite and have been aired to death above.
It is simply not correct to attempt to influence what RCC members do or say other than on this site,IMO..
If what goes on elsewhere offends you,dont go there!
If you dont like the way MAAC is portrayed or treated anywhere on the net,take your complaint to your zone director or the executive......thats one of the reasons they are there.
People like Dennis and myself chose to get involved in the political end of this hobby/sport for our own reasons.As long as we obey the rules at RCC what we do elsewhere is our business and if any individual disaproves of our activity it will only hurt RCC by discussing or accusing here.
Dennis ,I understand and sympathize with your frustration.......Please dont even think about signing off RCC........You are one of the folks who created this success story.......
IMAA 27023
IMAC 3710
The Planet is doing what it has always done.......floods,volcanic eruptions storms,
earthquakes.........but today there are more people in the way.
Kevin McGrath is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-04-2003, 06:17 AM   #20
RCC Senior Contributor
I am: Dennis P

What I meant is that the moderator on any given site should not allow personal attacks from anyone to take place on that site. There is no way that attempts at cross site moderation/discipline should (or perhaps even could) take place.

Everyone has a choice on how they conduct their personal business but I believe that it is up to public web site moderators to ensure that a reasonable level of decorum is maintained.

"Simplicate and add lightness"
DP01 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.