General RC Aircraft Discussion Discuss anything RC related

Closed Thread
Old 03-09-2003, 07:38 PM   #21
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Andrew Coholic
Radio of choice:
JR 12X

Total Props: 1

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
OK I am sorry for calling anyone a whiner. I shall try and be more eloquent of my descriptions of frugel people in the future

Chris, I didnt mean anything towards you other than I dont think this is a volotile topic, and I dont agree that you "started anything" bad, ie, you are a good guy and everything's allright!

So, forget about RCU what I said and thanks to our 1/10th or less the population of modellers in Canada compared to the USA I dont think it will become an issue here.

On with the positives, my apologies for stirring the pot! (me bad!)
Andrew Coholic -MAAC #26287L

1/2A to giant scale, IMAC, SAM, R/C sport, turbine jets, Heli's...
if its got a wing or two and an engine - I like it!
AJCoholic is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 03-09-2003, 08:05 PM   #22
Kevin McGrath
RCC Pro Contributor
I am: kevin w

Total Props: 1
Hey ROT............Thanks for the pop up like a charm so far.
IMAA 27023
IMAC 3710
The Planet is doing what it has always done.......floods,volcanic eruptions storms,
earthquakes.........but today there are more people in the way.
Kevin McGrath is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-09-2003, 08:49 PM   #23
RCC Supreme Contributor

Total Props: 0
unfortunately, it does not work that well......

The sooner you fall behind, the more time you will have to catch up.
nony is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-09-2003, 09:30 PM   #24
Randy Brown
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Randy Brown

Total Props: 0 long as everyone keeps buying the rccanada graphics your donating alot already.. it ain;t me thats making the money

Though..if I open paypal I be glad if eveone wants to fill that up also.. Moss might want more then one coffee

uote="AJCoholic"]An interesting thing, last evening I was reading on RCU how the owner Marc is basically saying that RCU has goten so big, he is faced with the fact he will eventually have to start charging for it. Something like $12 to $24 US a year (a buck or two a month) as even though they run lots of ads he is not generating the income to run the site with the 30,000 members.

I think RCC as good as it is will be a while untill it gets out of hand, simply because there are so fewer Canadian modellers compared to the USA (yes, I know both RCU and RCC have out of Canada members, but the majority are Canadian for RCC and American for RCU).

I have sent RCU some $$ when I sold a few engines there, just like ebay would have collected a fee. I also think I will finacially support RC Canada, and even more so due to the fact it is a great site, it is CANADIAN and I have made some good friendships here in my short time on line. Allready on the RCUniverse board you have guys whining that they will NOT pay a buck a month to participate online. Thats crazy! A friggin dollar? Anyhow, my point is that nothing is free. We should (as well as buying stickers) kick in a few bucks if we are enjoying the site and participating on it, buying and selling stuff on it, etc.

Jason allready has a paypal account set up for this site, thats how I paid for my stickers. I think it would be cool if we could contribute to the site's upkeep by donating a few $$'s if you can. Thats just my opinion![/quote]
Randy Brown
MAAC 45752L
Team Airtronics
Randy Brown is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.