Not to Hi-jack a chaps thread any further - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
RCC Plans Exchange This is a place for RCC members to exchange plans that they own (they have drawn). Please note that commercial plans will not be allowed. If you do not have the rights to post the plans, do not post them.
Plans should be updated in DXF format or zipped to decrease the size.

Old 05-17-2015, 08:23 PM   #1
RCC Senior Contributor
I am: Bill H

Total Props: 1
Not to Hi-jack a chaps thread any further

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
For general info for everyone, you'll find if you read the fine print with most plans, it gives the purchaser the right to build 1 model. It's copyright. I will often cut kits for club members and friends, at material cost only, but only on the condition that they legally purchase the plans. I get a lot of requests to copy a set of my own plans, which I refuse to do. Why? Simple. Ziroli, Dave Platt, Hostetler, etc, all of these people have busted their butts creating amazing planes for us to build. They go through all the design effort, test the planes, etc, and then even offer up cowls, canopies, etc, etc, to give us a cool plane to fly. I want to support them, I want them to keep in business, so that 5 or 10 years from now, when I want to build a giant scale whatever, they're still there, still have plans and accessories for me. They deserve it.

Now, if the plans are long out of print, company is out of business, totally cool with searching out something cool, like the Royal Plans. I'm pretty sure that an ad (moderators help me out here) in the Wanted-Other section of the Classifieds would be the appropriate place.[/QUOTE]

I struggle with not sharing the plans in my collection plans with free plans sites or others but if I give a plan to even one person they are essentially out there like anything posted on the internet. Who will take a pdf and print it and then destroy the file once they have a copy or not copy a good plan in some way? Who won't give a copy to a good and decent friend? With digital reproduction one does not loose a generation of quality, just all control of the content and any rights anyone may have to the file. Who has ever taken a file or paper copy to a printer and been asked about the obvious copyright on the corner. Not a lot of copy making revenue in asking that question.

I have paid a lot of money for some plans that are in high demand and actually restored faded plans to pristine copying condition with up to 40 hours skilled experienced work. Many have I'm sure. But while I would like to share them on the free sites to encourage plans building I will not because a person could sell them in pdf format on auction sites.

In any case, the policy of RCC is in the best interest of everyone and brings the real issues to light for the consumer to reflect upon while acquiring plans.
My Dog lived to be walked.

Last edited by ModelBuilder; 05-17-2015 at 09:01 PM. Reason: edit
ModelBuilder is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 05-17-2015, 08:55 PM   #2
Lake Flyer
RCC Contributor
I am: Dave P
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: To

Total Props: 1
Re: Not to Hi-jack a chaps thread any further

I understand what your saying. I uploaded a bunch of plans to the Outerzone. These were impossible to find plans from the 80's & 90's. Mostly cottage industry guys who are now long dead and I suspect their families just threw out their originals. Funny thing was, a week after they went up on the Outerzone they were on EBay! But it was important to me that these plans were saved for everyone to have access to. But don't ask me for a plan from a current designer, you can buy from the vendor is my attitude.
Lake Flyer is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-22-2015, 10:50 AM   #3
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★
I am: Dave R.
Radio of choice:
Futaba 7C 2.4
# of RCs: 12+

Total Props: 24

Nice to see some of us have the big picture, and solid ethics.
mwavesdave is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-22-2015, 10:01 PM   #4
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Gordon W
Radio of choice:
JR28x, JRXG11
# of RCs: 15+

Total Props: 30

It's definitely worth supporting the guys who do all the work of developing these plans. I've just arranged with Peter Rake (prolific designer over in England) to blow up a set of his plans for the Polikarpov PO-2. Peter did the work, he should get the payment.
IMAC Team Canada 2014
JR Americas - Team Pilot - visit them at
Trumpetman is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.