Tarot ZYX-M Flight Controller - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Multi Rotor Discussion Tri's, Quad's, Hex'as and more. Discuss anything multi-rotor, including multi-rotor stabilization and FPV setups.

Old 05-23-2015, 12:20 PM   #1
RCC Apprentice
I am: RG
Radio of choice:
FrSky Tarais-Fly Sky FS TH9X
# of RCs: 4

Total Props: 0
Tarot ZYX-M Flight Controller

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Earlier this month, Tarot released their new flight controller. http://www.tarot-rc.com/index.php?ma...oducts_id=1350
For around, now get this...$125 USD!!

I'm beside myself, in September 2014 I bought a DJI WooKong for around $1,100 and according to some rumblings out there on the web, this controller is "Able" do every thing the DJI's high end hardware can do, like the WooKong and the A2, for a 10th of the cost?

Tarot is still updating the firmware as we speak, not all of the functions are available, Bluetooth is slated for June 2015. There are some videos out there, and of course the multirotors seem to fly well.

So should I buy one? I mean $125!

Lets see what I have spent on controllers already...
DJI F450, NAZA V1 no GPS $300
DJI F500 NAZA V1 w/GPS updated to V2 firmware $450
Tarot T18 Octobeast, DJI WooKong w/Bluetooth and Mini OSD $1200 (I wanted the DJI A2 but couldn't spend that much)

I was going to buy a GPS antenna for the F450, but it doesn't make any sense spending $75 on the antenna when I can get the whole Tarot system for $125!!!

I'm willing to sacrifice my F450 for the good of mankind, and test the Tarot ZYX-M Flight Controller on it, I think my F450 would be a good test platform because its fast and twitchy and hard to control in the wind.

So....Who wants to donate the $125....?
My Aircraft doesn't have wings, sometimes powerless landings involve a free fall at terminal velocity, I use a broom and dustpan to take it home
brimest0ne is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 05-23-2015, 08:50 PM   #2
RCC Junior Contributor
I am: Recursion
Radio of choice:
Taranis X9D Plus
# of RCs: 5

Total Props: 3
Re: Tarot ZYX-M Flight Controller

Looks like a bunch of Naza look alikes are popping up now: http://www.rctimer.com/product-1246.html

How well they fly you'll need to do research. Hopefully it's better than the GPS on the Naza, because that thing is horrible with interference due to the lack of a saw filter.

The Wookong was always overpriced (then again, so was DJI FC hardware in general).

The DJI GPS was reversed engineered recently, and a ton are available now from China that are comparable for less price. You're probably better just adding one of those.
Recursion is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.