Helicopter Simulators - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Heli Discussion Discuss general topics on rotary wing aircraft, including construction, Servo's, Gryo's and Stabilizer discussions. Heli Pro Shop

Closed Thread
Old 04-11-2003, 04:26 PM   #1
RCC Apprentice

Total Props: 0
Helicopter Simulators

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Hey i was curious to know, what is the best helicopter simulator to learn on?
VentureCP is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 04-11-2003, 04:52 PM   #2
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Steve H.

Total Props: 2
The best is the real thing......... with training gear ....but........FMS works well and the price is right......... but hands down the best Sim is by Greatplanes.. Realflight Generation 2........... very good.......
You can edit different options including servo speeds ,HH, paddles, blades etc etc.......practice auto's and so much more.. very good......
Hughes500E is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-18-2003, 08:04 AM   #3
RCC Noob

I first learned on csm v.10 simulator, the graphics and sounds were not my favorite part, but it was exactly like real life. It doesn't have as many options as G2, like changing all to your preference, you can change some, but not as many, or flying online with other people, but it is a great training tool!

I now own G2, which I love! I love the graphics, the sound and the feel. I will be going out soon to fly the new heli, I will tell you how the G2 did for physics, but it's looking pretty good right now. One feature I really like, is the online flying, if you are having trouble with a trick, you can go into a funfly, ask around, and if someone knows it, they will usually gladly show you how to do it, and you can bring up a Tx on the screen so you can watch their fingers.

lanew is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-18-2003, 08:46 AM   #4
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Bob D.
Radio of choice:
Futaba 12FG
# of RCs: 1+

I've spend a good number of hours practicing hovering with my G2 (try to resist the temptation of flying around; walk before run)

I took my heli up for the first time last weekend. Without a doubt, the sim gave me almost exactly the same responses that I encountered with the real thing. I managed a 6 minute hover the first time up (slight up and down due to a ratcheted throttle) but easily controlled. (heli was pretrimmed at my LHS though)

I can't recommend the sim enough for a learning experience.
Bob D.
Ajax RC Club
Indoor Aero-Choppers
Member of MAAC since I joined

Lighten Up, Life is waaaaaayyyy too short
Nuker is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.