Buying and selling items. - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Aircraft Discussion Discuss anything RC related

Closed Thread
Old 04-15-2003, 05:49 PM   #1
RCC Apprentice

Total Props: 0
Buying and selling items.

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
This is kind of a stupid question. How do you buy and sell items on here? Or how does the process work with a transaction?
VentureCP is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 04-15-2003, 06:04 PM   #2
Chris Cann
RCC Supreme Contributor

Depends on who your swapping with but most of the time it's that you talk to the person and get their address after making it out that you are buying it then you send the money and then they send the product! And no question is a dumb one.... but you can just post in a reply at their thread I am interested in it and sent you a PM or w/e and just ask them stuff in a PM and talk on there.
Chris Cann is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-15-2003, 07:14 PM   #3
Kevin McGrath
RCC Pro Contributor
I am: kevin w

Total Props: 1
The normal rules of the game are you arrive at an agreed price via Email,phone etc.......the buyer sends the funds.(I like money orders)The seller sends the article in the manner agreed as soon as he receives the money,and forwards tracer numbers immediatley.
Its important to describe the article honestly when selling,and answer any questions truthfully.
personally I will guaerentee any item I sell without question.For example a buyer recently found a hair line crack on the back of the flywheel of an engine I sold him.I immediatley ordered a new flywheel and sent it to him at no cost,and I would expect the same treatment from any seller I deal with.
IMAA 27023
IMAC 3710
The Planet is doing what it has always done.......floods,volcanic eruptions storms,
earthquakes.........but today there are more people in the way.
Kevin McGrath is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-15-2003, 07:17 PM   #4
RCC Apprentice

Thanks for the advice guys. It will definitly help in future buys and purchases
VentureCP is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-15-2003, 08:40 PM   #5
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Andrew Coholic
Radio of choice:
JR 12X

Total Props: 1
I have been on line trading, ebaying, etc for many years now. One thing I have learned, is that most modellers are honest and decent people who arent going to burn you. I have been taken on two deals, but that is from well over 1000 trades or outright buy/sell deals.

I am the type of person who still likes to think we can all work on trust and that we are more than just people trading, we are all part of this fraternity of model aviation enthusiasts...

I like Kevin will allways take back something or make it right if there is something that "slips by" my eye. Hey, no one is perfect but I wouldnt want to stick anyone with something anymore than I want to get stuck with a bum deal.

I often ship before I get paid and I figure since that the guy sending me money is trusting me to actually send him the goods, I will trust him too.

That being said, there are many horror stories of guys getting soaked with crappy engines sold as "new" and other stuff. My advice, get to know the seller. Here on a relatively small site you can allmost get to know the guys like in your own club. Ask as many questions as possible, and just be wary of someone who wont answer questions, wont give their "real" name (not just their handle) or if you feel anything but 100% secure with the deal. If it takes a phonecall to feel comfortable before buying something, by all means ask for their # and call to chat a bit. Its a great way to meet people and I have made some great friends via some deals I had made online.

Hope that is somewhat helpfull...
Andrew Coholic -MAAC #26287L

1/2A to giant scale, IMAC, SAM, R/C sport, turbine jets, Heli's...
if its got a wing or two and an engine - I like it!
AJCoholic is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-15-2003, 09:07 PM   #6
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Craig K
Radio of choice:
JR 9503
# of RCs: 7

buying here

another nice thing is to pay via an email money transfer from your online bank to your seller's email account
seller also needs an online account
works real nice
Craig 4850
MAAC #9467L IMAC 3706
Aeroworks 35% Yellow Extra 260, DL 100
JR 9503 2.4
craigk is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.