Safety - UK Accident - Page 3 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Aircraft Discussion Discuss anything RC related

Closed Thread
Old 04-24-2003, 05:13 PM   #21
RCC Junior Contributor

Total Props: 0

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
I coudn't agree more , well said.
I am relatively new to the sport and have had to learn all the saftey concerns by the seat of the pants. our field is wide open and very few spectators. Our cars pose the most concern for us ,as they are parked at the end of the runway for now as the parking area is still wet. Yes I know that this is un acceptable to most of you but if you want to fly thats what you have to deal with
As of today we have not had any major ( or minor ) accedents with people or property, just some pesky trees, and they come out on top every time.

just remember, we are all in this together,so keep your stick on the ice.
Live to Fly, Fly to Live
Robcrash is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 04-24-2003, 05:42 PM   #22
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Jim M

Total Props: 1
Originally Posted by AJCoholic
lets not automatically assume the worst. JM $.02...
JM or JMc ?

Not assuming the worst, just hoping it doesn't happen.

Jim Moss
Jim Moss
MAAC 16236
IMAC 3716
My Old Gallery:
Straighten Up & Fly Right!
JimMoss is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-24-2003, 08:34 PM   #23
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Andrew Coholic
Radio of choice:
JR 12X

Total Props: 1
Not JiM Jim, "JM" = just my 2 cents...

Of course I dont want it to happen again. Thats why I think I am a very safe modeler and want others to be also.

My point is one serious/fatal acident does not automatically deem what we do "unsafe" as a whole. Some of us believe one bad event and the whole thing will come to an end, lose our insurance, etc, etc. I think it is not going to come to that. Look at all the other things (I used snowmobiling as an example but could have easily said many other sports/hobbies) in which there have been and will continue to be many fatalities per year.

I am in no way trying to belittle the event - you guys should know me better than that. BUT at the same time, without knowing what happened 100% it may have been a fluke accident, or one where the victim had something to do with it as well as the pilot, etc. We shouldnt jump to conclusions thats all.

Andrew Coholic -MAAC #26287L

1/2A to giant scale, IMAC, SAM, R/C sport, turbine jets, Heli's...
if its got a wing or two and an engine - I like it!
AJCoholic is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-24-2003, 09:25 PM   #24
RCC Contributor
I am: Chris D

Total Props: 0
Not to mention hunting.
Chris Dallas MAAC#41367

Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?
Cdallas2 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-25-2003, 06:07 PM   #25
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Ron
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 23

Total Props: 19
this accident..........

..if you read, had occurred in an actual designated R/C area of a public park where the people strayed near the area and were hit. It was just as if it had occurred on the field itself. No area is immune to accident as you have seen on your own field. The field should have been possibly roped or made inaccessible except to those familiar with the dangers of a plane moving to minimize public traffic. The responsibility is up to the field management to see that this is done. It's unfortunate, but can still happen at ANY time when safety is compromised. If it occurred outside the designated area, then the pilot should have had better control within the confines of the designated flight area.
Hangar Nine SpitFire..Saito.100
Top Flite P51..Saito.91
RCGUYS Decathlon..SPE 26
ronnieo is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.