PIPER SUPERCUB 90% finished - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
FS - Airplanes Sell airplanes.
Note: Commercial posts are not allowed on the boards.

Closed Thread
Old 04-23-2003, 07:36 PM   #1
RCC Junior Contributor
I am: m

Total Props: 0
PIPER SUPERCUB 90% finished

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
This is a Dynaflite 104 inch span 1/4 scale supercub,it comes with a new US engines 41cc with muffler, dynathrust 20X10 prop,Robart scale Cub landing gear,2 sets of scale gear bungee covers,1 set scale Cub tires(larger like tundra tires) original cowl plus an uncut fibreglass aftermarket cowl,functioning struts(I added jury struts for scale but they support no load) Robart hinges everywhere.

Lighting system by Ram and includes White anticollision steady light on bottom of rudder, red rotating beacon on top of rudder, home made (2 flashlight) landing light in wing leading edge(on remote transmitter switch)(the rest are on hidden switches in cockpit) and of course navigation lights (steady) on wing tips.
servos are...rudder hs805bb(big 1/4 scale servo)
elevator Hobbico cs-65
flap hs 545bb(1 each)
ailerons hs 422(1 each)
lights and throttle servos low end
It has been covered with almost 24 feet of century 21 prepainted white fabric iron on . It has a Hitec rcd 3500 7ch reciever(bought new for this plane). All lights have their own battery source, most are rechargable. There is a huge onboard pack included 2800 mah i think(bought new for this bird) ,comes with scale cockpit from Dynaflite.

Much effort has been spent on scale appearance and whidding wires etc.I have flown this Cub 5 times and it is Great!! Very scale spins and landing with full flap is awesome. Although this Cub has flown it isn't quit done yet and needs that finishing touch, I would say it is 90% done. It needs colour on the covering, the new cowl cut and fitted,the cockpit put in and finished and some little things like wheel covers installed.

So now the price with transmitter(Hitec Eclipse) $2250 , without 2000. If you want floats then the US 41 will pull it just fine.It weighs about 21 lbs with fuel. Its going to be a beautiful bird when someone finishes it off. By the way 2 of my 5 flights were at 1130 pm late summer last year,near pitch black and I had no problem at all seeing the plane and doing touch and goes, you'd swear there was a cub in the circuit. If you are interested in this one let me know.

================================================== =======
RCC Classified Quick Rules

- Location & price is a must when selling RC related items. Update your profile!!!
- Use the feedback system after a sale / trade.
- Buyer Beware!
- One bump / TTT every 3 days.
- Classified rules here.
** Infractions will be passed out if rules are broken. Threads may be deleted.

================================================== =======

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 04-25-2003, 07:12 PM   #2
RCC Contributor
I am: Bart R.
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 6

Total Props: 1
So where do you live? This would be a bear to ship.

Vancouver, BC
Closed Thread