servo throttle setup - Page 3 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
S.P.A.D.s Discuss SPADS

Closed Thread
Old 04-25-2003, 03:29 PM   #21
I am: Boolean21

Total Props: 56

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Originally Posted by JimMcIntyre
Originally Posted by can773
Setup is defined as
the preparation and adjustment of machines for an assigned task
Now we're splitting hairs.

I consider everything done to a plane before taking it out to the field for the initial test flight to be 'building'.
Preparation and adjustment is done at the field as you then have a complely built machine to be prepared for flight and adjusted based on how well it performed....
So if before the first flight you sit at home and program a radio for the plane, to you this is building. Now after the first flight you are again at home and programming the radio, is this still building or now setup, talk about splitting a hair? In fact they are both setup as the location or timing is not important but the task itself.

PS: Jim you should be preparing your model at home not the field You can do the adjustment at the field if you wish.

As for building (which includes a lot of setup), I consider that done when a model is framed up and ready for finishing. Radio installation is done after finishing (although the mounting is completed during building the real setup work is done later), while engine installation is done during building.

As for setting up the motor, its a YS so it always runs perfect

The only time I finish tweaking radio stuff is after I sell the model to someone else
PurgatorY is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 04-25-2003, 07:39 PM   #22
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Andrew Coholic
Radio of choice:
JR 12X

Total Props: 1
eiy ya yaaa! You guys.. set up and shut up! Just kidding, you can argue semantics, I'll just go fly my pizza box and have fun "un setting" it up when it hits the ground a dozen times

SPAD planes - how can you knock them?

Back when Phil Kraft designed the "das ugly stick" I bet people said the same thing - its looks ugly (duh!) but it sure flew well and was easy to build. If Phil had coroplast I bet it would have been the "das plastic uglier stick" !! HA!

I like balsa, I like plastic and lord knows I like my aluminum - why cant we all get along?? They all fly, right?!
Andrew Coholic -MAAC #26287L

1/2A to giant scale, IMAC, SAM, R/C sport, turbine jets, Heli's...
if its got a wing or two and an engine - I like it!
AJCoholic is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-25-2003, 08:59 PM   #23
I am: Boolean21

Total Props: 56
I am waiting for a 2 meter SPAD to win the world champs That would be neat, and it would sure cost a lot less than it does now
PurgatorY is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.