General RC Aircraft Discussion Discuss anything RC related

Closed Thread
Old 08-15-2003, 08:29 AM   #1
RCC Pro Contributor
I am: Myles Jarvis
Radio of choice:
Futaba 9C

Total Props: 1

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Just wondering how everyone survived the blackout. Seems like most of us have it back but looks like some New Yorkers are still in the dark.
Hopefully nothing bad has happened to anyone!
Howzitgoin' eh?
Myzee is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 08-15-2003, 10:14 AM   #2
Gary Maker
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Gary M.
Radio of choice:
Spektrum DX8
# of RCs: 7

Total Props: 9
With the power out, I had to watch tv in the dark! lol. Actually it was a very interesting night. So quiet and still and we actually had to sit down with lamp lit and actually talk for a change! I've been meaning for some time to get out my telescope and find a spot dark enough living in the city to do some sky watching and last night was the perfect opportunity. Mars was so bright in the sky and was great to see it with such clarity.

Went to bed early and got a wonderful night's sleep but no coffee when I woke this morning! Finally at exactly 10 AM the lights came on. Stayed on for a whole 30 seconds and then out again. Two minutes later they came back on and we still have it! Yahhhh!!! Overall it was not a bad experience for me but I know others have been much more affected and I wish them all the best and hope things get back to normal very soon!
Stoney Creek Hawks RC
MAAC No. 43659

Radios used: Spektrum DX6i
Current builds: 1/4 scale J3 Cub & Neiuport 17 and KMP B-25.
Currently flying: Scratched Tele 40, Parkzone Stryker & 60" SPAD Debonaire

"Time flies like an arrow - fruit flys like a banana." Groucho Marks
Gary Maker is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-15-2003, 12:28 PM   #3
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Jim McIntyre
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 999

We were chatting about this in the Off Topic area this morning.

A long weekend for me, I'm spending time doing some mid-season maintenance on my aircraft.

Best of wishes to all, everyone I've talked to have "made a silk purse out of a sow's ear" (to coin an old phrase). Star-gazing was awesome last night. I even saw the south sky (normally too much light pollution from the city).

BTW, our flying field (Ajax) is an excellent place for star gazing, even when the power is on.
MAAC# 12719
Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere - (If it ain't broke, don't fix it).
JimMcIntyre is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-15-2003, 12:47 PM   #4
RCC Master Contributor
I am: Colin B
Radio of choice:

Total Props: 8
Perfect time to take the heli up in the night with some lights and freak people day on the news you hear "UFO spoted during blackout"

Align R/C, OS Engines, Futaba, Great Hobbies, Hatori, SGP, Morgan Fuels, Castle Creations
Colin is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-15-2003, 02:33 PM   #5
RCC Senior Contributor

Total Props: 0
trapped in da bush

I was stranded at Wasaga Beach camping. Decided to make the 8 hour trip back to Windsor instead of staying another two days as planned. Yeah I know it's normally 5 to 6 hours but we had two kids and had to drive around cities along the way to find diesel fuel to make it all the way back. But I'm home now and finally got power back. MAAAN I't's great to be home again.!!!!!! :P :P :P :P
Rob Harway
Sun Parlor Flyers
Windsor, Ontario

"Artificial Intelligence is no substitute for Natural Stupidity"
Rammer64 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-15-2003, 03:06 PM   #6
I am: Boolean21

Total Props: 56
Jeez we go to all that trouble to try and keep ya out of Windsor and ya can't take the hint?????

PurgatorY is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-15-2003, 08:06 PM   #7
RCC Supreme Contributor

So is everything getting back to normal (and I used the word in the loosest sense..) back there??

The sooner you fall behind, the more time you will have to catch up.
nony is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-15-2003, 09:27 PM   #8
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Jim M

Feels like it's getting back to normal now that I'm on RCCanada!

Jim Moss
Jim Moss
MAAC 16236
IMAC 3716
My Old Gallery:
Straighten Up & Fly Right!
JimMoss is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-16-2003, 06:32 PM   #9
RCC Senior Contributor
I am: Wade Z

Total Props: 4
What was going on up there (Ont)?-Did somebody plug in TOO many chargers for their flight gear :
MAAC #57828
Living dangerously in the Low Fly Zone (seakings overhead !!!!)
Aircraft Maintenence Engineer-Structures apprentice
Argus is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-16-2003, 07:59 PM   #10
RCC Master Contributor
I am: Scott

Had an interesting Friday nite in Ajax. When power came back on, the neighbours alarm system sent a CO warning out and the Firedepartment came. Had to break into house in case someone was in there not answering. Another neighbours 4yr old came out in his fireman outfit and got his photo taken with the real firemen on the truck. Kewl.

Shortly after that a driver cut off some kids just walking and started yelling and screaming. Fists a flying. Old man flattened a 20yr old. Right in front of my house. Good Seats. everyone called the cops = plane clothes and 6 cruisers showed up. Turns out the young guy was passing bogus 20s and the store owner called him on it and the kid grabbed (allegedly) the owner and took back the money. Don't think anything else happened, but owner didn't like being touched. Cop said kid got what he deserved. Off in handcuffs he goes. Neighbourhood is going downhill. We had a marijuana house at the end of the street. Two suicides. We are being "little Malvern" (bad area of scarborough). Fun, eh Derrick.
I never crash...I land with style!

Ajax R/C Club
Fodder is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.