Worked Out - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
FS - Airplanes Sell airplanes.
Note: Commercial posts are not allowed on the boards.

Closed Thread
Old 08-23-2003, 11:27 AM   #11
RCC Contributor
I am: Rene B

Total Props: 0

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
I can't see a problem with the deal at all. After reading all the posts over a couple of times now , nowhere was it stated that he was the original owner, nor does he imply that he was. Whats the problem?. It's no different than posting an item on rccanada at $250 CDN and then posting the same item on RC Universe for $250 USD. Just my 2 cents worth

MAAC # 68775

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 08-23-2003, 11:37 AM   #12
I am: Boolean21

Total Props: 56
I think Terry is right about first trying to work things out in private before blasting anyone here. Try to understand even a retailer is not responsible for factory defects and the times I have had to deal with a problem most times the retailer was only to pleased to make things right. These have had to do with everything from shipping damage to missing or damaged parts.

Fred when you picked up the kit you inspected it enough to satisfy yourself that it was in acceptable condition. Therefore I think you have to in all fairness give Mike the benefit of doubt that he may have done the same thing. Remember you only found this out after a later much more thorough inspection.

He has offered to take it back and give a complete refund if it is untouched and still in original condition. He has gone one further and offered to work out a compensation if in fact you have started to assemble the aircraft. This is much further than most if not all retailers or manufactures would go.

I have dealt in old cars, model trains, motorcycles and many other hobbies and new in the box or NIB means that it is in the original carton in a unused condition as you would expect it to be if you purchased it new. It never has implied original ownership. In fact some of the old motorcycle stuff and train stuff especially brass locos have passed through a dozen owners and never been used and are NIB.

As to price I have continually bought items at a deal and sold them for profit the main thing is that the seller and the buyer are happy with the price. In this case I don't think you would have purchased it if you were not of the opinion that it was a good deal.

Anger sometimes makes us speak before we have a chance to think about things thoroughly. That is human nature. I would be pissed to pay even a small portion of your purchase and find it flawed.

Fred contact Mike directly and try and work things out. You will both have the satisfaction of making things right. And Fred if and when Mike makes things right please let us know because as it stands now the anger and wordings of your posts have cast some doubt on Mikes integrity. He has made the offer, be a gentleman and take him up on it and try and work it out.

Old 08-23-2003, 03:18 PM   #13
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Maqsood

I know Mike for a few years. He is very fair and reasonable person.

If everyone remembers, the rules for rccanada were to report only Good traders and no bad deals in public. That's why Good Trader thread was started.

Freddy, even though you bought it after full inspection, later on, when you found what you claim you found about the kit, why not contact Mike and told him the same. I am pretty sure, he would have taken the kit back. As you can see, he is still willing to make it right. It just would have been alot easier to do it when you first found out.

My 2 cents.
MAAC # 59977
IMAC # 4177

My Website
My Photo gallery
Old 08-23-2003, 10:35 PM   #14
RCC Apprentice

Old 08-24-2003, 12:14 AM   #15
RCC Junior Contributor

Old 08-24-2003, 06:05 AM   #16
RCC Pro Contributor
I am: Mike B.
Radio of choice:
Spektrum Dx-18G2, Jeti DS-16 Carbon Red

Total Props: 2
Aeroworks 540T

Hi Fred,

I'm glad that it has worked out and that maybe it was not as big an issue as u originally thought.

I still feel some responsibility even though I thought this kit to be completely NIB as it was advertised to me and If u would put a $ amount on the value of the repair I would like to compensate u for it.

someone else has posted the original link from RCU where I purchased this kit. It is advertised as NIB for $ 700 usd pickup. I paid this fellow substanually more because he had a 5 hr round trip drive to meet me. I in turn had a 9+ hr round trip drive. The amount we agreed upon is not discussed in the thread.

I am quite surprised that Aeroworks would "fix" an ARF and not just replace a damaged piece.

Fred I'll wait for a PM from u with the amount owing.

Old 08-24-2003, 06:35 AM   #17
RCC Senior Contributor
I am: robert j

if i were luvtoflyrc i would be pissed at the guy who sold it to me as new in box. or was it knowingly sold as a refurbished. if so not honest

robert jesso
Old 08-24-2003, 07:52 AM   #18
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Lee P

Total Props: 9
Aeroworks problem

Just my two cents worth, but I think that after the initial posts between buyers and sellers on RC Canada, the interested parties shoould e-mail privately, and settle their differences privately.
If someone gets a raw deal, bring it up in another forum
Personally, If I sell something, it's subject to the buyers acceptance, or send it back to me on my nickel! I'm sure if you are a member in this forum, you are an honest and dedicated modeller, since (and you are right Andrew C.) this is a very small community, and we remember
Closed Thread