To Fly Alone at the field or Not - Page 4 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Aircraft Discussion Discuss anything RC related

Closed Thread
Old 09-06-2003, 01:27 PM   #31
RCC Supreme Contributor

Total Props: 0

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
amazing that we are all pretty consistent on the opinions and advice here......

The sooner you fall behind, the more time you will have to catch up.
nony is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 09-09-2003, 07:44 AM   #32
RCC Senior Contributor
I am: robert j

some of the comments are a little amuzing. not everyone has people to fly with. i personelly have 20 stitches in left leg from a quad 35. first gas engine tried to treat it like a .40 glow. would have been very serious but prop wrapped in sweater to stall engine. some advise experience can go a long way but if no one to give it experience teaches. as for a bunch at the field usually more dangeous than by self around here.
volksman is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-09-2003, 09:50 AM   #33
RCC Noob
I am: Steve W

I too have and would fly alone but it is not the same as is with a few at the field.Sure there is the safety aspect but most pilots have either seen or have been involved with an accident of some sort at the field and hence always thinking of safety.All would agree that this hobby can be potentially fatal and dangerous to say the least but as said earlier...accidents are going to happen alone or in a crowd.I enjoy the social part of this hobby and really going out boring unless of course Your trying out a new bird and you dork it in only to retrieve it with a garbage bag.In this case I enjoy being alone.You can wonder what happened,look to see if anyone say you do that, look down at radio, look to crash site ,look back down at radio, walk to crash with uneasy feeling, get to site, and curse the whole time your putting the pieces in the bag!!!

Unfortunately we don't think enough of what can happen until it does

NATE is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.