Hamilton Flying Tigers Annual Auction and Sale - Page 6 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Events Discuss your local events, events attended, etc...

Closed Thread
Old 11-16-2003, 09:31 AM   #51
I am: JimmyD
Radio of choice:
JETI Duplex DS-16
# of RCs: 6

Total Props: 16

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Originally Posted by ronm
I ended up with a set of plans that I did not buy, if somebody is missing these plans, let me know. It's for a "Light my Fire .40"

Hey Ron those were mine.

I left then there since they didn't sell. I got them free when I ordered some plans off a gret guy on ebay. He is a modeller in Florida and has an amazing selection of plans. You can keep them and give them to a junior in your club. It looks like it would make a good second model for someone. Tha is if there is anybody left out there building models any more... not just assembling ARFs!

I went to visit him and pick up some plans whan I was in Florida in the spring. Walked into this guys house and man boxes of plans everywhere... and I mean everywhere! Must have one understanding wife.. and yes he is married. I mean there were easily over 500 different plans in boxes all pre-packaged in their own mailing tubes. Mostly heavy iron form WWII but some good stuff like Taylorcrafts and the like as well. Mostly scale but as you can see some sport stuff to.

He also took me into his shop just to prove that he was not just a guy selling plans but a real modeler, Some prety impressive large scale stuff but he also runs the gambit down to indoor as well.

He is a draftsman by trade and what he does is rescues old delapitated plans, retraces them so that they are nice and cleen. I have probably bought easly 20 or 30 plans from him in the last 3 years.

Guys check him out on ebay he has some good stuff. He goes by the handle of uncle_willies on ebay. Another nice thing about him is that if you buy one of his plans in an auction then he will sell you another copy, if ordered at the same time, for around only $11 - $15.

Hey maybe if enough of you guys buy from him and mention my name I can get some freebies!

This has been a paid politcal announcement.....
Jim Daly
IMAC Sequence Committee Member
Your Friendly Neighborhood SouthEast Zone Director
MAAC #14323L IMAC #3678
scaleguy is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 11-16-2003, 01:51 PM   #52
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Ronm
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 10

Total Props: 0
It's a cute looking little plane.
I'm sure someone will build it!

Thanks Jim,

Ron Mattiuz

Flying Tigers RC Club
"Flying an airplane is just like riding a bike...except it's harder to put cards in the spokes"
ronm is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-16-2003, 10:27 PM   #53
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Jim M

Total Props: 1
I bought a number of lans from "uncle_willies" on eBay ..... Great guy to deal with!
Jim Moss
MAAC 16236
IMAC 3716
My Old Gallery:
Straighten Up & Fly Right!
JimMoss is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.