best trainer - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Beginners / Newbies Interested in getting in the hobby. Not sure where to start. Post your questions here and one of the RCCanada experts will be glad to help you out!

Old 08-09-2015, 08:45 PM   #11
R Plante
RCC Contributor
I am: Randy P

Total Props: 2
Re: best trainer

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Megan pm sent I think I can help you at no cost to you all you will need is a TX and r everything else is here
Be careful following the Masses
Sometimes the M is silent
R Plante is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 08-12-2015, 10:02 AM   #12
RCC Apprentice
I am: Warren G
Radio of choice:
Spektrum DX6
# of RCs: 2

Total Props: 0

I highly recommend the Flyzone Switch. It is a tail dragger so it won't nose over as easily as tricycle gear. It floats very nicely and you can switch it to the low wing configuration once you become a proficient pilot.

I learned on this plane and sold it to my buddy who I am now training. He loves it as well.
cast-away is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-17-2015, 03:56 PM   #13
I am: Hubert F
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 6

Ive flown a nexSTAR really nice trainer
rcpilot787 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-18-2015, 07:24 PM   #14
RCC Junior Contributor
I am: B. McLaren
Radio of choice:
Taranis & 9XR
# of RCs: 12+

I took my son out for the first time this year. Prior to this he had flown a Hobbyzone Champ. I handed him a new Sport Cub S and gave him about a minute on the difference ailerons would make. He then maidened the plane.

He emptied six batteries. We went home, charged up and later that night, he repeated the same process. By the end he was flipping though the intermediate mode and advanced mode and loving playing games with the panic switch.

The plane is home in mint condition and had about 90+ minutes of flight time in light to moderate gusts.

This turns out to be an amazing trainer. Went way beyond my expectations!
... Luke 6:38
deaconFlyer is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-18-2015, 07:39 PM   #15
Mike Sebastien
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Mike s

Total Props: 9

I think the Nexstar 40 stands out in my mind as a good trainer, because it is readily available and lots of people are familiar with it. The best trainer is the one your instructor is familiar with, but saying that they are all fairly similar.

Sims.....Hmmmmm, I believe Sims will shorten the learning curve but you will still need a instructor to help you. Sims don't teach you how to start and tune your engine, adjust controls and do the real world stuff.

I want to be be firm here, if you teach yourself you will fail. Get a instructor or someone who is familiar with flying and there help. Getting a instructor will lead to alot more enjoyment of this great sport.
Mike Sebastien is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-30-2015, 07:52 AM   #16
RCC Noob
I am: William W
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 6

I used this back in the day. But from watching someone else I know the eflite apprentice was a good trainer for them.
Wiliam is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-10-2016, 12:27 PM   #17
RCC Apprentice
I am: Etienne
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 5

The apprentice is a very good airplane to fly. Great size and the SAFE technology is really helpful to learn, but you need to know that as you become more confortable you should start using the intermediate mode soon because it is not self-leveling.

Self-leveling is not good to learn as other airplanes dont offer that feature
Zask714 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.