Gaui X3 - Page 5 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Electric RC Helis Discuss helicopters, setups and power systems for electric helicopters.

Old 10-22-2015, 10:08 AM   #41
Jimmy P
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: James Parnell
Radio of choice:
Futaba
# of RCs: 31

Total Props: 14
Re: Gaui X3

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Sounds like me, a waiting game. Gonna take my Rush 750 and Synergy E5 out for the day today 8c they say help pass the time.
Jimmy P is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 10-27-2015, 11:34 AM   #42
coastrc
RCC Contributor

I am: Channing
Radio of choice:
DX9
# of RCs: 20

Total Props: 1

It flys!

I need a smaller pinion, don't know why they don't offer a 10 in steel? Will get the 11 I guess. I'd also like to get the XNOVA 1580kv, will see what deals RQ offers for the BF sale. I'm guessing that's why they don't have the scorpions in stock, because they are pushing XNOVA. I would rather pay the extra $25 for the XNOVA. The scorpion comes down pretty hot!

This is 73% YGE Gov store

https://youtu.be/b0hwq6aDqXc
coastrc is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-27-2015, 01:28 PM   #43
braydubya
RCC Apprentice

I am: Brayden W
Radio of choice:
DX9

Total Props: 0

Nice work Coast!! I like the bright tail blades. They were out of stock when I ordered so I got black. I find this thing gets hard to see pretty quick and the all black rear end doesn't help. Thank god for my Goblin.

Are you looking for really low head speed? Not sure why you'd want such a small pinion...

Awesome flying site too.
braydubya is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-27-2015, 09:31 PM   #44
coastrc
RCC Contributor

Radio of choice:
DX9

Ya a bright tail is good! I would have ordered the red tail fin but of coarse they were out of stock. Unfortunately the main blades are not the right color, but I already had them.

I like more of a medium head speed. The way it's flying in the video is pretty good, but that's running 73% throttle. My understanding is that you want to try running 80-90% for more efficiency. So if I drop to 11T I should be able to bump up my Throttle curve to 80-85%.

Flying site is not bad, there are trees on the sides & it's always a battle with the "dog people" even though it's a "no dog" field

Last night I went out for a couple night flights people are never there with dogs in the dark...... there's a guy there with his dogs...he's got led lights on their collars....
Old 10-31-2015, 09:21 AM   #45
Jimmy P
RCC Supreme Contributor

Radio of choice:
Futaba

Oh man.... really led collars now, lol. I got my blades and have been awaiting calmer weather to try it out, just woke up to 30 km winds again....await the evening and hopefully it'll calm down for me.
I was also thinking about trying out an XNova as well. Funny they don't stock one for a trex 500 as I blew a motor a couple weeks ago and am looking for a replacement, but I don't want an Align motor. Would have loved to try one.
Old 10-31-2015, 01:20 PM   #46
coastrc
RCC Contributor

Radio of choice:
DX9

Ya weather is the craps here very stormy. Did 2 test flights yesterday in the wind as I increased my tail gain & wanted to test it. Flying really good but there was one screech on the tock of one of my tick-tocks. Not sure what that was about but everything looks fine so IDK.

Hoping to get out later but very windy today
Old 11-02-2015, 01:31 PM   #47
Jimmy P
RCC Supreme Contributor

Radio of choice:
Futaba

Got out to test mine finally, all went well both flights were good just doing some tuning now.
Old 11-02-2015, 02:12 PM   #48
coastrc
RCC Contributor

Radio of choice:
DX9

Just got back from 3 flights, this thing is a great practice machine.

Putting the canopy on is a squeeze with the battery leads forward but I'm getting the technique down. The canopy also doesn't offer any cooling for the motor, so I may look at cutting an opening which I don't like to do as it's a very nice canopy, but the motor gets warm & it's pretty cool out.

If I slam the collective, something is giving with a squeal! Gears all look fine, possibly the ends of the TT...?

Oh well as long as I use proper collective management it flys great! Think I'll head out for a few more flights this afternoon before the rain comes back!
Old 11-02-2015, 02:15 PM   #49
coastrc
RCC Contributor

Radio of choice:
DX9

I'm doing 4min flights with 30-33% left. Using 73% throttle curve, works out to 2800-3100 & I'm happy with that.
Old 11-02-2015, 04:31 PM   #50
Jimmy P
RCC Supreme Contributor

Radio of choice:
Futaba

I set mine on 3 minute flights to start with and see where i'm at. Sure flys nice, even on 3S , this was a smart choice for a yard machine.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.