Gaui X3 - Page 9 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Electric RC Helis Discuss helicopters, setups and power systems for electric helicopters.

Old 01-08-2016, 06:59 PM   #81
Jimmy P
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: James Parnell
Radio of choice:
Futaba
# of RCs: 31

Total Props: 14
Re: Gaui X3

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Sorry Rick I don't use bailout, I can't see how that would make a difference unless he had a metal to metal issue ?
Jimmy P is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 01-17-2016, 02:26 AM   #82
rcwng
RCC Noob

I am: William N
Radio of choice:
dx6i
# of RCs: 3

Total Props: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by akabek View Post
I am in the process of assembling a X3 with different parts packages I purchased. From what I can tell the basis kit with plastic parts is more then adequate. I have the CNC blade grips in my box of parts so I will using them for my build. When I reassembled the grips I noticed there is a very slight movement along the shaft. Will this be a problem? Neither the CNC or plastice blade grip assemblies come with a spacer to take up the slack.

When I mount the tail boom to the heli frame and mesh the gears should the rotor tail blades rotate smoothly by hand or will there be a bit of a notch feeling when you rotate it?
Hey Rick,
I have a new build and the crown gear to front transmission bevel gear has notches in them. I suspect the imperfection is coming from the crown gear. Also the main gear wobbles due to moulding imperfection problem. At the end of days, they are plastic.

Will
rcwng is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-17-2016, 10:10 AM   #83
akabek
RCC Expert Contributor

I am: Rick B
Radio of choice:
Graupner MZ-24

If I pulled the tail boom out just slightly the gears felt smooth. Then I pushed the boom in using a piece of paper to gap the gears it had a notch type feeling which seemed odd. After a few flights I am sure the teeth will mesh better so I am not concerned. I just need to solder my esc connector on today and than I can start doing the Ikon setup.
akabek is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 01-17-2016, 10:21 AM   #84
Jimmy P
RCC Supreme Contributor

Radio of choice:
Futaba

Hey Rick there is supposed to be a small amount of space to set the mesh properly. Kind of a notchy feeling is a tad to tight. Remove pressure til it feels smooth as you did then snug up.
Old 01-17-2016, 10:23 AM   #85
Jimmy P
RCC Supreme Contributor

Radio of choice:
Futaba

There is also the chance of the gears just needing to mesh in properly, mine was a little noisy for about three flights now its smooth and quiet.
Old 01-17-2016, 10:36 AM   #86
akabek
RCC Expert Contributor

Radio of choice:
Graupner MZ-24

Jimmy, when I installed the boom I set the gap using a piece of paper. I guess I can pull it a slight bit.
Old 01-17-2016, 11:24 AM   #87
rcwng
RCC Noob

Radio of choice:
dx6i

Quote:
Jimmy, when I installed the boom I set the gap using a piece of paper. I guess I can pull it a slight bit.
Paper test it is the way to go. My master told me. If it's too far out on the mesh, once you set the screw on the boom, the boom is done and then the mesh on the transmission gear might wear out faster.
Old 01-17-2016, 11:40 AM   #88
rcwng
RCC Noob

Radio of choice:
dx6i

Quote:
If I pulled the tail boom out just slightly the gears felt smooth. Then I pushed the boom in using a piece of paper to gap the gears it had a notch type feeling which seemed odd. After a few flights I am sure the teeth will mesh better so I am not concerned. I just need to solder my esc connector on today and than I can start doing the Ikon setup.
I did my setup in two stages. First FBL using a Rx battery pack, then ESC. Heat is being generated and build up while bird is being setup stationary on the table and I try to avoid that even though it does seem to be low chance to catch fire. So, I would just heat up one (FBL) instead of two.

Another reason is to isolate problem in case FBL can not be setup properly. Also, I have seen some posts where ppl busted their servos when they suspect plugging in high voltage output from ESC into the FBL/Rx. Know your voltage and polarity on anything any device. I know the IKON has polarity protection on the V2 but habit is habit.

If you play them right, you'll have a beautiful bird very soon. Good luck.

Will
Old 01-17-2016, 01:26 PM   #89
akabek
RCC Expert Contributor

Radio of choice:
Graupner MZ-24

That is a new to me. I have never heard of people having issues over heating the system while going through the setup. That seems odd unless you are running the motor or you did not spec the components correctly. I will definitely check my settings on the esc before I running the system.

The Ikon unit is new to me but I have gone some of the setup and decided to change the servo arms to the breakaway arms so I will start over again. It will be good practice. I just built a leveling table to use with the Soko setup tool I bought. This should make life easier with the setup.

Last edited by akabek; 01-17-2016 at 01:38 PM.
Old 01-20-2016, 07:10 PM   #90
Jimmy P
RCC Supreme Contributor

Radio of choice:
Futaba

rcwng, if your heating up while setting it up you must remember do not plug the servos in until the proper hz and voltage are selected I am surprised that the servos work. Also depending on your motor choice you may have to program the esc as well to except the proper timing and the number of poles. Fire????

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.