Scale Aerobatics Scale Aerobatics/IMAC in Canada

Closed Thread
Old 09-19-2003, 06:49 AM   #21
Bob Hudson
RCC Master Contributor
I am: Bob H

Total Props: 0
Re: Class Championship

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Originally Posted by craigk
On to Bob's Class Champion idea -

should help increase the interest that's obviously growing
Basic class should be included - the only way to grow the sport is to make sure the beginners - like me - feel they are part of the clan.
records of each event should be files with the MAAC Scale Aerobatics committee anyway - as should any event.

Would membership in IMAC be a pre-requistie to winning class champion ?
I dunno.

Can we join through you, Bob?

Or must we join through the US office?

An Ontario division, with Ontario registrations, and in Canadian funds seems more attractive to me.
In the USA "yes" you must be an IMAC member to qualify for yearly Class Champion awards.

I believe we should continue to support IMAC and that our Class Champion should be an IMAC member as well.

If you view the NC Region Points standings lists ( here)

you will notice the spreadsheet is sorted into two groups. The upper group shows those members with IMAC numbers ( and are eligible for the award ), the lower group without ( not eligible).

The reasoning behind this is that it isn't very expensive ( $20.00 US) ( in overall scheme of things after we fork out bucks for airplanes, motors, radios etc ) to be a SIG member. Your membership fees help to support the SIG. There is a fair expense happeing behind the scenes that most of us don't see.

In actuall fact the cost of the Class Champion awards are covered off by the $1.00 US donation for each pilot at each contest that the contest CD should be sending the North Central Region Contest Director. ( this is a reminder CD's if you haven't sent in your "donation yet"

With this ( my) proposed awards in Ontario we will need to review this monetary issue and how the awards will be funded, but I feel it's a minor issue and we can deal with it once we decide ( or not ) to implement our own awards system.

Typically guys who wish to be IMAC members mail in their own application forms direct to the IMAC Secretary. His name and address are on the application form. Admittedly, he is VERY slow to respond.

We have also signed or renewed many Ontario members at the Toledo show in April.

If you like I have no problem accepting IMAC apps if you wish to send them to me.

I will then forward them to the IMAC Secretary. If you do please write "US Dollars" beside the dollar amount on the face of your cheque. Make the Cheque payable to IMAC. Once I receive your IMAC app you will be considered an IMAC member. Include your email address and phone number on the app so can give you confirmation I have received your app.

Perhaps I can make an arrangment with the IMAC BOD where I can hold some open IMAC numbers to issue to Canadian applicants. I can discuss this with IMAC Pres next week when I go the finals.

Ontario Divison with Ontario registration and Canadian funds

Well, we already have an Ontarion division, albeit we are a Chapter.

Perhaps someday we might very well be the "IMAC Ontario Region"

Persoanlly I like the setup the way it is now with IMAC. It works. I think Presion Aerobatics is set up in a similar manner, with the main SIG body in the USA. ( maybe I'm wrong and Chad can set me straight on this?)

I view my proposal for Ontario awards as a MAAC / MAAC Scale Aerobatics award as well as an IMAC award. I would like to have something to that effect on the award.
Bob Hudson, MAAC 9709L
Bob Hudson is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 09-19-2003, 07:13 AM   #22
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Craig K
Radio of choice:
JR 9503
# of RCs: 7

yeah - I figured as much

i'm still trying to decide, along with my co-conspirators up here when and where to put on our North Ont IMAC challenge.

I'm laening toward August - perhaps the long weekend we have no regional events that weekend - other than a realy nice airshow in North Bay

any suggestions will be appreciated.
Craig 4850
MAAC #9467L IMAC 3706
Aeroworks 35% Yellow Extra 260, DL 100
JR 9503 2.4
craigk is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-19-2003, 07:16 AM   #23
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Ronm
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 10

This all sounds great as is. However, as you mentioned, the IMAC secretary is V-E-R-Y slow to respond, if at all. It would be better for all if we could pay/renew our memberships directly through you or somone you may wish to appoint locally to sign up members. It is just too difficult to get signed up through normal channels, and genetically lazy people like myself will not go out of their way to "pay a bill". It would be beneficial if we could make it as easy as possible to join/pay, and better yet if we could even sign people up right at the contests or at other activities such as fun-flys or swap meets.

My 2c

Ron Mattiuz

Flying Tigers RC Club
"Flying an airplane is just like riding a bike...except it's harder to put cards in the spokes"
ronm is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-19-2003, 07:21 AM   #24
I am: JimmyD
Radio of choice:
JETI Duplex DS-16
# of RCs: 6

Total Props: 16
Sent My IMAC Membership Off Yesterday!

Wish I had waited a day or two then I would have sent my membership app to you.

I have sent it though and I hope that you will now consider me part of IMAC for any members only announcements that may come out. I guess I will have to wait till I get a response from the slow secretary before i can access the members only section of the IMAC website.

If you want I can scan my application and a copy of the money order I sent and email to you as proof I have applied.

I agree we should, for now, leave the teretorial divissions they way they have been established by the founding IMAC body. Splintering the group now, when we Ontarians are so small, would be detrimental I think. We can benifit from the experience our American brothers & sisters have gained and hopefully not make the same mistakes. JMHO
Jim Daly
IMAC Sequence Committee Member
Your Friendly Neighborhood SouthEast Zone Director
MAAC #14323L IMAC #3678
scaleguy is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-19-2003, 10:10 AM   #25
Brian Facey
RCC Contributor

Well y'all, I think cousin Jim has a good idear with nooorth versus sooouth. We southerners down here in the lower lake country wull have to take tiiime away from the cotton pick'n season to go up north and give them Yankees a guud whoop'n. Nothin to be shamed about Jim. General Lee (Bob Hudson) will lead us into battle with them good fer nuthin Yankees just like in 1860. The South shall rise agin!!!

Brian Facey

MAAC 16362
IMAC 2289
Brian Facey is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-19-2003, 07:35 PM   #26
RCC Pro Contributor
I am: Mike Clemmens

All this discussion about IMAC is great guys! Having our own champion in each class is a good idea too. It should help promote IMAC here in Ontario.

Keep up the good work guys!

About renewing or joining IMAC... I heard that in the not to distant future, one will be able to join or renew their IMAC membership right online at the IMAC website using a credit card. That would certainly speed things up!
Mike Clemmens
50%300SFlyer is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-19-2003, 08:04 PM   #27
I am: Boolean21

Total Props: 56
Hi Bob

The NSRCA is the SIG in the US for pattern much like our precision aerobatics committee is here. They have many districts around the US, and there are two in Canada, east and west.

They have district points championships where one attends contests and gathers point based on finish, he with the highest points at years end wins, you need to be an NSRCA member to win.

The problem with the NSRCA is they have little to no say in their schedule changes, they can recommend ideas, but ultimately the AMA competition board decides what the patterns will be. I like it better in Canada where MAAC just adopts what we the committee tells them to I dont know if it is like that in IMAC or not.

Anywho that is how I understand the NSRCA to be setup.
PurgatorY is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-19-2003, 08:16 PM   #28
Bob Hudson
RCC Master Contributor

HI Chad

Thanks for the reply, and explanation

So, bottom line is, YES, the "Class Champion does need tobe a member od NSRCA.

In Canada MAAC Scale Aerobatics adopts and uses the IMAC rules and sequences as set forth by IMAC in the USA.

As you know our sequences change every year.

At change time, usually in January, IMAC members get the chance to create their own sequences for the class they fly in.

They submit their proposals to the IMAC BOD.

The BOD, through the IMAC Sequence Committee also creates a sequence which it feels would be a good one for the next year.

This BOD proposal along with 2 other membership proposals are then posted on the IMAC website for a couple of weeks formembership rewiew afterwhich the members vote on the sequence they think would be the best for that year.
Bob Hudson, MAAC 9709L
Old 02-07-2004, 07:11 AM   #29
Bob Hudson
RCC Master Contributor

I would like to re-open this discussion.

It seems that back in the fall when this thread was started we were all pretty much in agreement that this was a good idea.

I am proposing the following:

1. That we initiate a Class Champion Awards for IMAC Chapter 401 ( currently this includes ALL of Ontario). It will be exclusive to Canadian residents only. If "out of Province" Canadian residents attend our contests they will gather points and will be eligible for the award should they have enough accumulated points.

2. That this be a Chapter Series Award and will include only "regularly scheduled contests" held within our Chapter If other Scale Aerobatic contests are held in our Chapter ( such as a Canadian Nats) the results of that contest will not be included of this Championship Series.

3. We use the same points system as the IMAC North Central Region ( as we are a recognised Chapter within this IMAC Region).

4. This Award will also be recognised as a MAAC Scale Aerobatic Award, and will have the MAAC logo AND the MAAC Scale Aerobatic logo on it as well as an IMAC logo.

5. That the Award goes to the Pilot who gathers the most points in his / her class over each flying season.

6. That the award be presented at the final contest of the current flying season.

7. Class Champions will be required to move up to the next class for the next flying season

8. I am offering my services to maintain the points spreadsheet ( as I am currently the "manager" of the spreadsheet fro the whole NC Region anyway)

9. The "Award" wil be a plaque type award. I will donate these awards to the Chapter for this first year.

10. Beginning next year ( 2005) the funds for the "Award" will be funded by a $1.00 ( CDN) donation per contestant at each of the Ontario contests, funds to be collected and submitted by The Contest Directors to the Ontario Chapter Rep. Any surplus funds after the awards have been paid for will be rolled over to the next years awards budget.
Bob Hudson, MAAC 9709L
Old 02-07-2004, 07:54 AM   #30
RCC Pro Contributor
I am: Mike Clemmens

Morning Bob!

Thanks for activating this thread again.

I would agree with all of your thoughts except #7 and #9.

I believe that we should stick to the current criteria of 4 first place wins in a season, with 3 or more contestants in a given class for each of those wins, for determining when a pilot moves up to the next class. Otherwise Im going to make sure YOU win the Advanced scoring championship this year!... :P :P

I also think that the contestants themselves should fund this through the contest entry fee, instead of having it come from your pocket. If I recall, you paid "the bill" for several NC contests last year when a # of CDs didn't send Kurt the required funds. I hope these CDs have paid you back! While your offer is indeed generous, I don't think we should allow you to fund this personally. It would be my suggestion that CDs collect $1.00 Can for each contestant in order to fund these awards starting this year.

These are my thoughts. What do you think guys?
Mike Clemmens
50%300SFlyer is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.