any one got a trainer - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Beginners / Newbies Interested in getting in the hobby. Not sure where to start. Post your questions here and one of the RCCanada experts will be glad to help you out!

Old 08-16-2015, 08:44 PM   #11
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Gordon W
Radio of choice:
JR28x, JRXG11
# of RCs: 15+

Total Props: 30
Re: any one got a trainer

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Originally Posted by rcpilot787 View Post
Hello i am new to this forum so please tell me if im posting this in the incorrect section of the forum. Anyways im am looking for a descently priced rc trainer. Something like the alpha 40 or nexSTAR. If anyone has one that there willing to sell and ship or live in the niagara region please notify me. No engine unless it gasoline. Thanks
Hubert, you need to look into this a little more. There are no really good, easy to run gasoline engines of the tiny size you would need for a .40 Nextstar. If you want to start small (without running glow) go with electric. There are some larger gas powered trainers out there but the cost goes up very quickly... If there are any clubs near you please go and check them out. Ask about instruction and what they recomend for a trainer.
IMAC Team Canada 2014
JR Americas - Team Pilot - visit them at
Trumpetman is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 08-17-2015, 06:42 AM   #12
I am: Hubert F
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 6

Total Props: 0
yes i went to a club and i was told a 9cc gasoline engine would probably work fine in a nitro recommended trainer. I know 20 cc if for larger trainers but 9 cc seems ok.
rcpilot787 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-30-2016, 03:42 PM   #13
RCC Noob
I am: Geoff J

Not sure if you are still looking, but I have a Nextstar with about 6-7 gentle flights on it that I am looking to sell.

Can sell it ready to run with a super tiger 45 and spectrum radio.

Let me know if your still interested, thanks.
Geoff Jackson
MAAC# 60065
CUB RC is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-30-2016, 03:47 PM   #14
RCC Noob
I am: Geoff J

By the way, just read some earlier posts, a well broken in, well tuned glow 2c engine is about the easiest and most reliable thing to operate.
The Supertiger 45 starts first flip every time with the right prime
Geoff Jackson
MAAC# 60065
CUB RC is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-05-2016, 12:08 PM   #15
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★
I am: Dave R.
Radio of choice:
Futaba 7C 2.4
# of RCs: 12+

Total Props: 24

Most people won't put an expensive gasoline engine on a trainer, hence why you'll mostly find electric and nitro. If the engine/motor is from a reputable manufacturer, you should have no problems, regardless of fuel/energy type. I'm curious as to why you're intent on gas? I love them, but fly nitro and electric as well, all have their niche, and I have fun with all of them.
mwavesdave is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.