Who is the best Heli Pilot in the World? - Page 3 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Heli Discussion Discuss general topics on rotary wing aircraft, including construction, Servo's, Gryo's and Stabilizer discussions. Heli Pro Shop

Closed Thread
Old 10-03-2003, 12:05 PM   #21
RCC Junior Contributor
I am: Trevor S

Total Props: 0

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
I am dissapointed. I have admired Chips accomplishments but never met him. I agree aboud not being a good role model.

I had the pleasure of meeting Quique in Toledo a couple of years ago. I was amazed at how friendly and nice he was. A true champion! I would love to see Quique and CPLR fly in person some day. Watching them in video was awsome live would be simply amazing.

Scott Gray is no doubt one of the best heli pilots in the word. Both F3C and 3D. He has a contest record to prove it!
Legend4 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 10-03-2003, 02:25 PM   #22
RCC Noob

Let me say first that I have never been a great fan of Mr. Hyde's. I find his style doesn't do much for me. I much prefer watching some of his competitors fly. Just my opinion, however I do admire his accomplishments and will be the first to admit he is one of the best.

That being said, whatever he was mixed up in almost a decade ago (decade!) appears to be firmly entrenched in the past (he's flying again, right?), and should perhaps remain there. The fact that he has come back from what was likely a very difficult and trying experience with the skills and drive it takes to compete (let alone win) at the level he's at, is VERY admirable in my book. I would aspire to have that kind of perseverance in life. If anything, my opinion of him has gone up a notch.

As for whatever other personality flaws he may have, having not met him personally I can't comment other than to say we all have some that occasionally get the best of us.

I'm not trying to start an argument here or get this thread any further off topic. I just don't enjoy watching anyone be judged too harshly without some perspective. We all make mistakes. It's what we learn from them that counts.

There, said my piece. I feel better now
Uh ... that's gonna leave a mark!
Divit is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-03-2003, 02:42 PM   #23
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Jim McIntyre
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 999

Total Props: 1
Chad gave me some advice once, "if you want to compete at the world leve, you have to have thick skin". The stories about people at that level are incredible and from my own limited experience, not always to be believed (both good and bad)....
MAAC# 12719
Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere - (If it ain't broke, don't fix it).
JimMcIntyre is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-03-2003, 04:35 PM   #24
I am: Boolean21

Total Props: 56
When you start running in competition circles you hear tons of funny and untrue stories about people (though the Chip one was true) it just comes with the territory, the more "famous" you are the more elaborate and far fetched the stories seem to get.

I have had the chance to meet and talk to essentially all the "best" in the world for pattern, I would say 90% are very talkative and likeable, and 10% have a bit of an attitude problem, those 10% seem to have the most stories told about them

Admiring thier flying skills is easy, admiring some as quality people can sometimes be a bit harder
PurgatorY is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-03-2003, 08:22 PM   #25
RCC Junior Contributor
I am: wiliam m

is chip one of those 10%??
what kind of drugs did he do?
Curtis Moar
Scale Aerobatics
wingnut is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-03-2003, 10:18 PM   #26
I am: Boolean21

Total Props: 56
Originally Posted by wingnut
is chip one of those 10%??
what kind of drugs did he do?
I dont know exactly what drugs, I have only heard rumors of what he did but those are only rumors.

As for him being one of the 10%, he can be, I have seen him be very nice at times, and other times just completely lose his temper. Sometimes the pressure of competition can get to people and they dont deal with it very well.

Anyways thats probably enough nasty gossip about Chip

Whos next
PurgatorY is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-04-2003, 02:49 AM   #27
RCC Apprentice

A person deserves to be judged on his merits not his past

We are all human and most of us make mistakes. You do have to hand it to Chip for getting whatever monkeys off his back my hats off to him. I think role models that have overcome past problems are the best ones...they know what their talking about (when giving advice to our youngsters) I have not had the chance to meet him but I think he deserves the past to stay there
harbinger is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-06-2003, 07:22 PM   #28
RCC Apprentice

Let's be reasonable

Some people,,, really,, who cares what drugs he did or how much. It's in the past,, leave it there. How many of us out there have something in our past that we would like to stay there??????? Lets live today and fly tomorrow.
Busy is defined as your wife won't let you come out to play!!

Take the Dog approach

If you can't eat it or hump it,
P*ss on it and walk away
JamesP is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.