What JR gyro can i use??? - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Heli Discussion Discuss general topics on rotary wing aircraft, including construction, Servo's, Gryo's and Stabilizer discussions. Heli Pro Shop

Closed Thread

Old 10-03-2003, 08:07 PM   #1
Ramz-to-tha-Z

Total Props: 0
What JR gyro can i use???

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Hello all. I've got a FM JR 8103 radio and i am thinking of buying a JR gyro to go with it. I already have a Futaba 240 but i'd like to stick with the JR gear. I have read that the JR 5000TC gyro's (the combo deal with the JR 8700G digital super servo) and the JR 550TC gyro's (also with the JR 8700G digital super servo) will work for PCM radios only. Is this true or did I read it wrong? Here's the GreatHobbies website that talks about the servo: http://www.greathobbies.com/frame_index.html

Is it the servo that will not work with FM radios or is it the gyro that will not work with FM radios or is it a combination of the mentioned above?

Thanks.
Ramz-to-tha-Z is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 10-04-2003, 03:02 AM   #2
harbinger

Take a look at the new 500t

If your considering going to a jr gyro dont settle for less then the 500t. The gyro is the lastest offering from jr and uses some newer technology. Scott gray competed at the worlds and the us nats (won first place) using that gyro. The 8417 can be used with an fm bases system but make sure its not sticking out someplace that oil can get all over it. The 2700g is a great servo too but they dont make them anymore.
harbinger is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-04-2003, 07:57 AM   #3
Ramz-to-tha-Z

JR gyro....

I just got off the phone with Louis at GreatHobbies and he said that the 500T has not even arrived yet!! He said it is replacing the 5000T and that it will be about 20 or so dollars less. He also said that the 5000T will work with FM radios however the 8700G servo will work with PCM radios only.
Ramz-to-tha-Z is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 10-05-2003, 01:26 AM   #4
harbinger

Not sure about replacing the 5000t with the 500t

That gyro sells for 149.00USD so it should be around 200.00 or less. That way way way lower then a 5000t costs. That gyro alone is (or was) over 400.00 plus the 180.00 a guy needs to spend on a fast servo. There are other options other then the 8700g for tail servo. Look at the futaba 9253 or even see if the gyro will work with the 9151. Airtonics also makes a very very fast servo thats under .07 seconds. For about the same price or a little less then the 401 it was intended to compete with (imho). I am hoping to see jr come out with something to kill the 601 then i can dump my futaba stuff and run strictly jr
harbinger is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in