SPADET when will u die! - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
S.P.A.D.s Discuss SPADS

Closed Thread
Old 10-04-2003, 10:25 PM   #1
RCC Apprentice

Total Props: 0
SPADET when will u die!

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
i builted that plane for a buigginer cause im learning on my own and loving every minute of it.i crashed that plane 3 time due to lack of experience and then came home and fixed it under 4 hours each time .it looks like ---- but it flies like and i whent flying with my older brother wich is as experienced as i am and we hade a blast .this was our 3rd time and i was the second out cause we each take our turn. he olmost landed his but the front weel took to much of an impact and springed to much.not to much damage but a few drop of crazy glue will fix it right up.ME on the other hand,had a terrible crash.everyting was going great,i was going aroud my grandfathers 1000 acre weat farm till i lost sight of it.after walking about 5 miles we finally find that was horrible at firt site.the aluminium landing gear was all bended,the back top fuselage was splited in two.elevator was a victime of a 3 inches round maple tree as of my wing tha was splited in was a1 as of my .46 magnum motor that i just bougth last week.anyways a spad is the way to go for buiginers like me.after all of the my spadet will be ready for tomorrow if the weather permites
migandre11 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 10-04-2003, 10:48 PM   #2
Chris Cann
RCC Supreme Contributor

If you want that engine and radio gear to last i would highly suggest getting a instructor, you will also learn much faster too.
Chris Cann is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-06-2003, 01:05 PM   #3
RCC Apprentice

it took me 4 crasshes with my spadet and it costed me approxamitly 2.50$ worth of ca and ducktape to i can fly like a bird but 2 days ago i crashed and it costed me 6 inches out of my wings ,now they are 54 inches insted of plane is about 6 to 7 pounds with a 46 magnum under the hood.oh and i hade a 2.5 inche dihedral and now i have 1 inche.will it fly.
my wing chore in 11 inche (not ailleron)
Old 10-06-2003, 01:28 PM   #4
RCC Apprentice

oh and anotherthing about an instructor,i know that is the way to learn kwicker,they give u advice,ext,ext,ext.but me and my brother whent at the rc club and didn t quit feel like we were welcome there at all .ther e is just like 5,6 members now.anyways we decided to make ourself our own we toke our 4 wealler in search for about 200 feet long and about 50 feets wide of smooth terrain(pardone me my english im from a french middle of nowere place.)well we found a great spot.we toke about 5 houres of lawntractor and a couple of scoop of top soil and we hade a damn good landing s the perfect place cause there is no houses around for at lease 4 km.and that ones mind.we did indeed send our application form with the $ for our insurance cause we might go to the field sometime this year and show of our brand new cessna's minds blue .never flown and that one i will ask for a buddy cord when it will be the meen time im learning with a spadet,debonair,and im working on a loving learning on my own and would t want it another way.

i ll get some pictures to show u guys our spot and our spads this afternoon.

it s awsome.
Old 10-19-2003, 10:36 AM   #5
RCC Junior Contributor

I have an instructor. But he's more of an impatient, never available type of guy.

Last time I went flying with him, he crashed my plane(B@�z@), which broke my horizontal stab, and I got no flying time at all. Fortunately, the first time I flew with him I got about 1 hour of stick time on a Ace Simple 400, so I know I can handle an aileron/elevator bird.

Anyway, when he crashed my other plane, it convinced me to go out and buy some coro and build me a Deb. I built 2, just in case someone else I know wants to join in the fun. I'm with mig here. I think I will have more fun learning alone, then with an impatient instructor. Thank goodness for spads.
Pilot: Test Flight Ok, but Autoland is very rough.
AME: Autoland not installed on this aircraft.
Muldoer is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-20-2003, 06:24 AM   #6
Terry Gauvin
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Terry J
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 10

Total Props: 1
Andre, I know I'm 2 hours away but if you ever need some instruction or something test flown give me a call and take a drive to Moncton, I'll be glad to help.
DX18 Stealth, H9 Inversa 33, H9 33% Edge, H9 33% Decathlon.
Terry Gauvin is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-27-2003, 12:29 AM   #7
RCC Apprentice

I can relate to bad landings our spadet has had some trouble on final as well
they are one tough plane. I came in a bit off track and cartwheeled down the pavement put on a new prop fueled up and back in the air I know from experiance that it has outlasted my kadet mk2 about 20 times You can driver it in the dirt shake it of and go again no wood plane is gonna do that. plastic planes are here to stay
yabut is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.