RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Aircraft Discussion Discuss anything RC related

Closed Thread
Old 11-01-2003, 09:04 PM   #21
Kevin McGrath
RCC Pro Contributor
I am: kevin w

Total Props: 1

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Not to work the subject to death,but members like you two,who are doers first and talkers second are more valuable to the MAAC orginization than you think you are,and people on the MAAC board are listening ,as I do on a daily basis to keep informed of whats important and of interest to the members.
You very much are MAAC.......
IMAA 27023
IMAC 3710
The Planet is doing what it has always done.......floods,volcanic eruptions storms,
earthquakes.........but today there are more people in the way.
Kevin McGrath is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 11-01-2003, 09:56 PM   #22
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Jim M

Originally Posted by AJCoholic
So Jim, if I understand you correctly then, is that you and me, we are MAAC??

(sorry, couldnt resist )
Andrew you have to look outside "The Box" ....... MAAC has many more members as does RCCanada !!!

We just talk more than most ..... well you do anyways!

Jim Moss
Jim Moss
MAAC 16236
IMAC 3716
My Old Gallery:
Straighten Up & Fly Right!
JimMoss is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-01-2003, 11:08 PM   #23
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Andrew Coholic
Radio of choice:
JR 12X

I was just funnin' ya since you highlighted the "we are maac" thing twice. I was being silly thats all

I understand what Kevin means though (I think?). Us guys that are actively participating in the hobby (not just talking but doing), exploring new things and trying different aspects of the hobby, teaching newcomers, trying to get the most from what the hobby has to offer - and with little negativity towards some aspects that we may not participate directly in - we ARE maac members that should be outspoken and voice our opinions. But in general you hear mainly from the percentage that complain about anything and everything no matter what- allmost for the sake of it primarily as not much else is done about it.

Im my opinion, how much more can an average modeller do to support this hobby and therefore support MAAC, than by just "doing" the hobby, ie, flying and having fun, trying to interest newcomers (adults and kids), contributing to local events and those that nearby clubs put on (supporting the other clubs) and highlighting the hobby in a positive manner?
Andrew Coholic -MAAC #26287L

1/2A to giant scale, IMAC, SAM, R/C sport, turbine jets, Heli's...
if its got a wing or two and an engine - I like it!
AJCoholic is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-02-2003, 04:27 AM   #24
Ed Smith

Total Props: 0
MAAC Forum

The remedy is simple. Those that do not want to read or see the arguing and whining should ignore the Forum. Do not contribute, do not even open it. It will then be left for the Bitchers and Whiners to bitch and whine to each other. We all know how long that will last.

Ed S
  Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-02-2003, 07:39 AM   #25
I am: JimmyD
Radio of choice:
JETI Duplex DS-16
# of RCs: 6

Total Props: 16
Sorry Ed I disagree with you.

At the club level we all have those people that bitch and wine at every meeting but does that mean I shouldn't go to the meeting just because they will be there? No I think not. You just have to learn who those people are and know what they do then just ignore them and try and get some constructive and informative discussion going on your own.

Like Kevin said the lead time for stuff published in the MAAC mag is three to four months. Personally I don't want to wait that long to find out some new policy proposal or something similar that may affect my aspect or enjoyment of the hobby. If I can learn about it here first then perhaps I can act to counter or support whatever these proposals may be. It may be just me but I prefer to be PROACTIVE instead or REACTIVE.

I only go to the MAAC website from time to time as it is not updated that often. This site changes minute by minute so I KNOW I am always as up to date as I can be concerning this great hobby of ours. We should not let a few personality conflicts lead the direction this site takes. Rather then closing the topic. if members of this board can not act civilized and respect the wishes of the majority then they should be asked to leave. Do not punish the rest of us because a few can not agree to disagree in a civilized manor.

So to make a long story short please keep the topic open.

JMHO but everyone of us counts here!

Nuff Said!
Jim Daly
IMAC Sequence Committee Member
Your Friendly Neighborhood SouthEast Zone Director
MAAC #14323L IMAC #3678
scaleguy is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-02-2003, 08:24 AM   #26
RCC Contributor
I am: Dave M.
Radio of choice:
Futaba T7C 2.4
# of RCs: 5

Hey Jason,
I have an , make the MAAC forum installed
with user fees then we can blame the government
No MAAC isn't perfect, but what is. Fwd concerns to them
not here as it accomplishes zero.
l am apprehensive about the forum and
likely will not use it as it provides the opposite enviroment
of why l enjoy this site. If the forum could be kept as a
constructive information source about MAAC fine, but you
know it won't. The complainers will turn the forum into a
place. Imagine a visitor to the site
reading some of the posts, it might make them think twice
about joining the hobby It's up to you but l hope you
are at least considering serious screening and moderating
as this type of forum can ruin some friendships very fast
Just my feeling.
ratherbflyin is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-02-2003, 08:42 AM   #27
RCC Senior Contributor
I am: Dennis P

Has anyone noticed that the supreme irony is that all of this is being discussed in the "General Discussion" section and not in the MAAC section?

Why not go and fight fight there? Better yet, move this thread over there!

"Simplicate and add lightness"
DP01 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-02-2003, 08:55 AM   #28
RCC Contributor
I am: Dave M.
Radio of choice:
Futaba T7C 2.4
# of RCs: 5

Jason started the thread here and l guess it just continued.
ratherbflyin is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-02-2003, 08:24 PM   #29
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Ron
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 23

Total Props: 19

We ALL understand the idea behind the MAAC forum.........but leaving it un-moderated could lead to bringing back those again whom wish to destroy what rccanada has taken a year to establish successfully, and turn it into their own personal political agenda. We know WHO they were. Please create a separate area AWAY from the general news area for those who wish to pass their political gas.
Hangar Nine SpitFire..Saito.100
Top Flite P51..Saito.91
RCGUYS Decathlon..SPE 26
ronnieo is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-03-2003, 08:10 AM   #30
RCC Junior Contributor

Hi All

I agree with ronnieo, and that is why I suggested that this forum be available to Zone Directors only. This would allow directors the opportunity to share what is going on without the banter, discussion, and personal agenda positioning. The zone director could, for example, make a factual statement from the executive minutes by posting the contents of the minutes on the forum. This would be accurate, nonfictional information which the general membership needs to know.

The point being that the zone directors must step up to the plate, in this forum, and communitcate what is going on and why. It is of no conciquence that I have a desire to inform the membership of the factual truths concerning the running of our organization. It must come from your zone directors, the ones we elect to safe guard our best interests in MAAC,

I do not want to offend anyone by my statement, it is just an opinion and is NOT DIRECTED AT ANYONE.

Chuck Smith
Usetobechair is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.