Closed Thread
Old 11-09-2003, 12:12 PM   #21
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Ron
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 23

Total Props: 19
I've had no problem...........

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
...I've ordered from them for 4 years now and only two orders were screwed up and they sent the correct stuff out immediately without asking for the wrong items returned before they reprocessed the order. There have been a couple backorders, but all were filled within 2 weeks. No GST is a nice kicker and the "internet 5% this weekend only" is a nice touch. I saved $50 on a gas motor that weekend. Certain items that are hard to find are a pain, such as the .21 Thunder Tigre outboard motor that I ordered 1 year ago is still on backorder, but that's not their fault, noone else has it either. I spend about $1000 a year there and if I order on Friday, it's there by Wednesday or Thursday at the most. This has been my consistentcy for the past 4 years. Hobby Wholesale out west is good also and anything you buy there, 2% goes back to your club. That is what we use as prizes for our events, and I believe over a certain dollar, shipping is free. To each his own choice. I always go C.O.D. so that if it gets lost, at least the credit card don't take a hit, or some one plays with the C.C. numbers.
Hangar Nine SpitFire..Saito.100
Top Flite P51..Saito.91
RCGUYS Decathlon..SPE 26
ronnieo is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 11-09-2003, 02:01 PM   #22
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Lee P

Total Props: 9
Great Hobbies

This isn't an ad but I have ordered from them at least 20 times and have always had superb service. I once ordered a GWS Tiger moth which had a flaw in half the fuse. I called them and told them that I had some trouble and should I return the (already glued and straightened) fuse. They said "we'll ship you another entire kit-no charge!" That little gesture meant a lot, and now I mail order almost exclusively from them.
LEE is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-09-2003, 02:29 PM   #23
RCC Master Contributor
I am: Brady Z
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 6

Total Props: 0
I have ordered from Sunset r/c before the merger, Hobby Wholesale, and Great Hobbies and Have never had a problem. I never use the online order form, I always call and tell them what I want. I put in an order to GH on wednesday last week(thanks for the $20 Andrew! ) So it should be here this week. And the previous order was the hummingbird, which I ordered on a monday and was flying on the friday! So far I have had good luck with ordering from out of town hobby shops.
MAAC #63500
recon is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-09-2003, 03:07 PM   #24
Randy Brown
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Randy Brown

Well I have been dealing with Jims buisness for ALONG time before I started RC "Airplanes" in 89 and they have never let me down and I can honestly say I spent to much money

Garry and Mark have always let me no if something was back ordered also when in stock.

I can tell you they sure fit my void

Randy Brown
MAAC 45752L
Team Airtronics
Randy Brown is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-10-2003, 11:18 AM   #25
RCC Junior Contributor

Great Hobbies has saved me money over the years with their prices and service. They will get me an item that is not in stock in 2 to 3 weeks while the local store took several months if they even tried to get that item.

As with any mail order "order", plan your purchases to meet your schedule, if it is an item that is critical, buy locally or ship express.

I had a shipping problem this morning with GH, I called GH and GH fixed the problem, good customer service at GH.

They are trying their best but I think the linkup between the Edmonton and PEI stores has a few snags in the system for order sharing and shipping.

Bottom line - as with any mail orders, keep on top of your orders, call the 1-800 numbers, it's free and allows you to keep track of your order.
email direct me at
PM's occasionally checked.
my site at
kenair is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-10-2003, 12:16 PM   #26
RCC Apprentice

I prefer Great Hobbies.

I once ordered a kit from one of their competitors. When I periodically checked on the status they kept saying "backordered". I finally stopped in about 2 months after ordering and they couldnt even say they had checked with the manufacturer for a rough date. The guy I talked to was totally uninterested too.

I went to Great Hobbies - they had the kit I wanted and I have been buying there ever since. They have been really good with advice and seem to take an interest in getting your order to you ASAP and making sure you get an order confirmation. I have noticed them to be a little busier lately though. I am waiting for an order that has taken longer than usual and I didnt get an order confirmation as per usual but I would think they will work it out.
Anything will fly if you throw it hard enough
tks1 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-10-2003, 07:41 PM   #27
RCC Junior Contributor

I feel well ..

Long time ago...maybe 10 years..I flew helis. And I know, this kind of pilots need a fast service and a special shop to get all this parts when their have a crash. But now...I am older and I fly planes again. Most of my stuff I get from my local dealer and some stuff I order by GH. I have never had a problem with them. I don't need it fast. I can wait, but longer then one week, I must not wait for it. That's ok. It's only a hobby and I must not go in stress with this. I hope my english is good enough....
kstaack is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-10-2003, 08:01 PM   #28
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Craig K
Radio of choice:
JR 9503
# of RCs: 7

your english is better than my french
Craig 4850
MAAC #9467L IMAC 3706
Aeroworks 35% Yellow Extra 260, DL 100
JR 9503 2.4
craigk is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-11-2003, 01:59 AM   #29
RCC Pro Contributor
I am: Dennis M
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 14

Total Props: 7
Your English is fine. And I have great memories of the Winnipeg Gliding Club just a stone's throw fron St Francois Xavier at Pigeon Lake in the 70's. Good neighbours all around!
4*60 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-11-2003, 04:34 PM   #30

Total Props: 1
My 2c on this subject:

We'll see where this goes..

Updated 11/12--Gary called and is offering replacements or refund on the incorrect servos. Will advise.

I must tell you that my purchase was two years ago (I like to recycle and fly SPAD so never needed to go into the new products till my new bird got to the installation stage).

UPDATE 11/13--Gary applied the credit to my account. More than fair and it's something I really really appreciate. Thanks Gary.

Thanks Gary
voyager_663rd is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.