Ahhh, the smell of kero in November! - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Jet Aircraft Discuss Jets in Canada

Closed Thread
Old 11-24-2003, 10:11 PM   #11
RCC Supreme Contributor

Total Props: 0

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Okay Len...since I can't watch drag racing on TV anymore...who won top fuel and what ETs are they pulling now (I'm pretty sure Force took FC again..)

..just talked to my brother in Moose Jaw and they are having a blizzard right now, so I expect you will be getting it soon......

The sooner you fall behind, the more time you will have to catch up.
nony is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 11-24-2003, 10:47 PM   #12
RCC Contributor
I am: Len G
Radio of choice:
Futaba 18MZ
# of RCs: 100

Total Props: 3
Hi Nony,
Yes we are forecasted for a couple of inches of the lovely white crap tonight and tomorrow! The Top Fuel championship was decided in Dallas this year and Don Prudhomme's Miller Light car won driven by Larry Dixon, for the second year in a row now. They do appear to have been having some difficulty now that the ET's are set well into the 4.4x arena. Larry's tuner (Dick LaHaie) seems to have serious difficulty getting the car stuck to the track into the 4.4x zone. Having had the championship decided early allowed everyone else to "go for the records" at the finals! The weather cooperated for once and the Santa Anna winds blew out the smog on Friday night and the Saturday commute did not reproduce near the normal smog. There was a slight overcast keeping the track cool and the humidity was waaay down too. This all contributed to the best conditions I have ever seen to make HP! The MAD was apparently below sea level yielding well above average O2 levels which combined with the sticky track to give a tremendous show!

The Pomona finals was host to the quickest and fastest side by side drag race in history, and it was in the Big Bud(weiser)Shootout. Doug Kalitta's 4.479 beat Tony Schumacher's 4.471 with a hole shot that will live in infamy! The speeds are up in the 333.25MPH area now, but the speeds have become secondary as the times are separated by mere thousandths of a second now. Schumacher posted 5 consecutive runs in the 4.4x zone and that is a real message to the rest of the field for 2004!!!

Sorry to run on so but I love Drag Racing !!!

Len is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-25-2003, 09:10 AM   #13
RCC Supreme Contributor

Total Props: 0
wooo hoooo! I haven't been able to follow it since they took Diamond P off the air. Thanks for the update.

...now, back to the show in progress......

The sooner you fall behind, the more time you will have to catch up.
nony is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-25-2003, 04:31 PM   #14
RCC Senior Contributor
I am: Wade Z

Total Props: 4
You guys starting to get withdraw symptoms already : Thought the kerosene heaters would at least dull the pain a little bit .
MAAC #57828
Living dangerously in the Low Fly Zone (seakings overhead !!!!)
Aircraft Maintenence Engineer-Structures apprentice
Argus is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-26-2003, 04:08 AM   #15
RCC Pro Contributor
I am: Myles Jarvis
Radio of choice:
Futaba 9C

Total Props: 1

Argus man, you are right about withdrawls!
It's only 5:06 am on Wednesday and I'm already think about the possibilities of heading to the airport this weekend. Still no snow on the ground so just maybe.........
Howzitgoin' eh?
Myzee is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.