MAAC President resigns - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Aircraft Discussion Discuss anything RC related

Closed Thread
Old 12-07-2003, 08:46 PM   #11
RCC Junior Contributor

Total Props: 0

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Originally Posted by Gary Maker
I for one am hoping its just a rumor but if not, well we all lose and MACC will be no better off for it because it brings people with attitudes like Jabba out in the open critizising and joyous with the fact that someone was driven to the point of not being able to take all the crap anymore and resigned. What a great incentive for anyone stepping up to be the next president of MAAC.
Couldn't agree more !!!

I hope that the retirement is not as a result of anything more serious than getting feed-up with MAAC politics. I for one wish Wayne all the best and thanks for his efforts.

J_Helps is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 12-07-2003, 08:54 PM   #12
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Andrew Coholic
Radio of choice:
JR 12X

Total Props: 1
Originally Posted by Usetobechair
Maybe the board can confirm Palmer;s post.
Kevin M did post a note in the MAAC forum confirming this.

Please fellows lets not turn this into something it doesnt have to be...
Andrew Coholic -MAAC #26287L

1/2A to giant scale, IMAC, SAM, R/C sport, turbine jets, Heli's...
if its got a wing or two and an engine - I like it!
AJCoholic is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-07-2003, 08:55 PM   #13
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Jim M

Total Props: 1
I met Wayne at several events and spoke with him at length on many subjects.

I also know that several people didn't care for him or his ideas.

He had things he wanted to see completed or done.

IMHO Waynes biggest flaw was trying to take on too much himself and not letting others do what they do. He had to have his hand in everything which he probably felt was the way it should be done.

I felt he gave 100% to whatever he took on, I just hope we get someone in there that will give as much.
Jim Moss
MAAC 16236
IMAC 3716
My Old Gallery:
Straighten Up & Fly Right!
JimMoss is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-07-2003, 08:56 PM   #14
Brian Facey
RCC Contributor

I have met Wayne on a number of occasions and have never seen anyone put so much work and dedication into his position as President. Gary Maker is absolutely correct in everything he said and I know that we have lost a great President.
I know The Flying Tigers will sure miss him!

Good luck Wayne!

Brian Facey

MAAC 16362
IMAC 2289
Brian Facey is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-07-2003, 09:14 PM   #15
RCC Junior Contributor
I am: dougl
Radio of choice:
mp 8000....JR x9303
# of RCs: 8

maac prez

what a way to start a thread...
assistant zone director and all...
and uses sun parlor club name in their proud????

with that mental state....
no wonder there are problems in matter how minor...

very sorry wayne is leaving...great man...

Too bad some we dont need ...dont leave...hint hint
doug lachance
AMA L402
MAAC 17402
JPO 2378
dougl is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-07-2003, 09:21 PM   #16
RCC Noob
I am: Jeff E

your post is without any class what so ever.

One should not be proud of a comment such as that.

Jeff Esslinger
Winnipeg, MB
Jeff Esslinger
Winnipeg, MB
Turbo1 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-07-2003, 09:27 PM   #17
RCC Master Contributor
I am: James B

I've met Wayne a number of times and he's always made a point to visit Funfly's across the country as well as drop by our booth every year in Toledo. He's a class act and it will be sad to see him leave his position. I only hope he is replaced by someone with half his heart for the hobby and willing to put half of the time into it Wayne did, because that would be more time than most people ever do.
MAAC - 64494

Bisson Custom Mufflers
jamesbissonjr is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-07-2003, 09:36 PM   #18
Marc Sharpe
RCC Junior Contributor

It's really nice to see the majority of positive comments about Wayne and his tireless efforts under incredibly tough conditions that go way beyond the stupidity of some of the politics.

Even without the game of "personal politics", I know I could not have lasted a fraction of the time he did under the incredibly challenging difficulties he continues to face personally in his family and his health.

From an insider's position, I know the sacrifices and effort Wayne has put into MAAC and I am proud to call Wayne a good friend.

I pesonally am glad that Wayne may be able to now enjoy some more good times with the hobby he so dearly loves without the weight of the jestors on his back. Wayne knows what this hobby is about and travelled the country to do what he loved new and old modelers, swap some stories and have some fun flying. It was a simple message that may never be learned by some.

Go have some fun Wayne. We'll see you at the field.

Thanks for everything.
........recent escapee from the nut farm and Loogan hunter!
Marc Sharpe is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-07-2003, 09:50 PM   #19
RCC Expert Contributor
I am: Bill M

As many have said this should have been poseted differently, wayne is a friend of mine and you guys are right he was one of those people who cared greatly about the hobby and i am sure he had nothing but our best interests at heart, maybe we all didn't agree but you can please some of the people some of the time, but never can you please all the people all the time, Palmer i have never met you and now am sure i hope i never do, if you can't say any thing nice about some one keep your mouth shut, but you are someone who i am sure, thinks that they could do a better job as the president, so i would hope to see you running for the next president of MAAC if we don't see it, i know i won't be surprised. As for wayne i hope to still see you around at the meets and good luck with future endeavors
There is no such thing as too low
Team Yak
Team "M"
WildBill is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-07-2003, 09:58 PM   #20

President Bransfield resign

I agree 100% with you on this Mark, you are taking the words out of my mouth. Wayne has always given the maximum he could as MAAC president. To those who say they are happy about his resign, i just have pity of you. It is because of people like you that our association has a hard time.

I knew Wayne only for 4 years, and all i can say is that he is a wonderful person to be with, and that he will always be a real modelist right to the bottom of his soul. I am sorry if i can't express myself with better words, but english is not my native language.

Take care Wayne, take care of your health, and happy flights.

Bons vols mon ami,

Richard Biron
Quebec Zone director.
8074 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.