Midwest Little Stinker - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
FS - Airplanes Sell airplanes.
Note: Commercial posts are not allowed on the boards.

Old 11-10-2015, 09:07 PM   #11
RCC Apprentice
I am: Jean C
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 11

Total Props: 0
Re: Midwest Little Stinker

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Thanks Phil and Ron for your infos, you both are right and exactly like yours Phil it was built with the Midwest kit (discontinued) and I still have the Little Stinker decals that was in the box. I did mine according to the one Sean Tucker flies at airshows in the US. By the way Jabiggerstaff you must be an ARF fan that never built a kit and Pitts don't really have to be all red and white. For your info I competed at Top Gun for 10 years ScaleMaster 3 times and US Nats also many times, so I should know a little about scale airplanes, Thanks anyway

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 11-15-2015, 05:02 PM   #12
Pitts Samson
RCC Apprentice
I am: Wm H
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 5

Total Props: 0
Re: Midwest Little Stinker

(QUOTE: Thanks Bill for your kind words about my building as far as the G-38 it's a perfect match for it as it needed weight in the nose being a short couple A/C flew great the first time without touching the trims, thanks again)

Thanks for the information on power and C of G. I love the "Model to Motor" sweet spot for that somewhat scale like realism with reserve power performance for piece of mind. I have to get myself a G-38 anyway. I think I'll do the other in a Moki 1.80. I always do at least 2 of any one subject. Old habit's, you understand.

Your price is most fair. That hard to find, out of production kit would be a gift a $450 these days. The motor the same price, tax in. And those 2 items only offer a start. Imagine what it would be worth is someone commissioned you to build it! ARF's that big sell for huge bucks and more if using E-Flite and Spectrum brand name components. A .60 size Hanger 9 Sbach with quality E power components less TX would cost a lot more to complete that your Pitts.

The Super Stinker was one of the last of the best, quality wise. I am starting a Midwest 80 inch CAP builders kit which was a re-release with a built up wing vs the foam core they had before. They remade the CAP maybe 5 years ago now. I think the plan shows a G-38 for it as well. And the Moki.

I can't get my winter stored RV and cargo trailer out next spring. I love to build but can't find enough time. Your Biplane is the best alternative and well beyond the skill set so many "Fliers" have these days. I'm in the RC business and miss what men did with their modelling dreams before the Chinese did so much of it for them. To be fair, maybe they don't have the time either. An even stronger argument to buy an expert built Super Stinker. The "Little Stinker" started it all for Pitts but if Curtis had named the S2-A the "Big Stinker" I don't think it would have been as popular as it has become. Like your Pitts. If it were only known as the Pitts "S-1-11-B" it would have been much more in demand in the model world just like it is in the real airshow world. Those Super Stinkers" are awesome on the competition circuit.

Guys who don't know the Aircraft should look it up as the Pitts S-1-11-B.

Cheers, Bill
Sine labour nihil.

Last edited by Pitts Samson; 11-15-2015 at 05:15 PM. Reason: can't spell, but I know my models.

Midwest , 1