RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
S.P.A.D.s Discuss SPADS

Closed Thread
Old 12-24-2003, 12:56 PM   #1
Chris Cann
RCC Supreme Contributor

Total Props: 0
2 maiden flights today!

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Ok today me and my friend (Matteo is his s/n on here) went to the Humber Valley Club to maiden 2 new SPADS! I had my .60 SPA3DT, and Matteo had his .40 SPA3D he was first to fly and when he took off his engine was dying his plane was out of trim and the engine started to studer the engine quit and his plane hit the deck from about 20 feet all was ok just the prop and the landing gear his gear bent and his prop broke. He helped me start my engine and we tested it for vertical and all was ok so we placed it on the runway I let him taxi around my plane while i warmed my hands. Once my hands we ready I took off it was really gaining altitude so he helped by trimming it out and giving it a little aileron trim and it flew great the landing i wasn't to sure on how to bring it in so I brought it in a little fast but it was a mix of a greaser and like a wiggler (the plane wiggled but didn't bounce :P) I tried hovering on the maiden and got it to hover for a couple seconds then it fell out but it was my first ever time then matteo went up and practiced his harriers with a much more successful flight on his SPA3D he has touching the tail on the ground doing low low harriers for about 8 minutes. On his 3rd flight he did pretty much the same because his engine wasn't cooperating as much as it normally does. He came really low in a harrier and his plane got snagged by the grass everything was ok and he let me go up. I took off and flew around and then tried high rates which was really touchy and i'll have to get used to it but i for about 8 minutes just flew around trying to hover and when it would fall out for a hover i would circle back around and try again. I tried the roll rate in that flight also and some inverted flight I brought it down and greased it right into a little puddle splashing water everywhere by that time matteo's dad was here and wanted to see matteo fly so matteo went up again and thought about doing a harrier tail touch in a huge puddle so he went for it and his engine stalled and it went in the puddle! I think it was a very successful day! Sorry for this being soo long! Oh ya sorry no pics camera ran outta battery!
Chris Cann is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 12-24-2003, 02:09 PM   #2
Gary Maker
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Gary M.
Radio of choice:
Spektrum DX8
# of RCs: 7

Total Props: 9
Awsome Chris! I flew my Debonair at a friends Christmas party last Sunday in 50Kph winds and it handled beautiful. SPADS really do rock!
Keep up the good work and have a great New Year!
Stoney Creek Hawks RC
MAAC No. 43659

Radios used: Spektrum DX6i
Current builds: 1/4 scale J3 Cub & Neiuport 17 and KMP B-25.
Currently flying: Scratched Tele 40, Parkzone Stryker & 60" SPAD Debonaire

"Time flies like an arrow - fruit flys like a banana." Groucho Marks
Gary Maker is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-25-2003, 06:54 PM   #3
Chris Cann
RCC Supreme Contributor

Total Props: 0
Hmm sorry looks like the cam got the pics after all! The blue plane is matteos on his maiden and the red one is mine on my maiden! as you can probley tell the day was pretty bad but we wanted to fly sooo badly! Sorry for the very crappy pic though I can't seem to get my setting right on my camera :S I wanna get a nice one soon though! like a digital video recorder that will take stills aswell!
Chris Cann is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.