Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★
I am: Angus
Radio of choice:
Futaba 18mz
# of RCs: 10

Total Props: 5
Re: DA engine curiosity

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Ok guys I was merely trying to figure out why people would publicly state they send their DA back for inspection more often than any other engine listed in classified forums.

Upon reading some of the posts the light came on (it’s not often). I see for the better part that DA offers great service…yes there is always a one off (I’m in that business…I get it) turnaround time is good and inspection is thoroughly done.

Also thinking of my other fleet, I had a Behotec 180 that had a slight burp on heavy acceleration, but ran fine otherwise. Due to the price of the airframe I sent it in for inspection and all it was required was a cleaning.

Realizing that some giant scale birds are as much or more than a Jet, I see that every precaution should be taken to prevent an engine shut down to save an investment.

Thinking deeper, I’m sure not everyone takes the proper off season care of an engine and some carbs might be more sensitive to gum and varnish build up. Spring time rough run might initiate a service inspection.

I hope everyone has a great day, enjoys the hobby as much as I do and gets out as much as they can.

Comp Arf Flash, Retro Reaction, Comp Arf Extra330, Aeroworks Extra300L, Goblin 770, Goblin 500, Align 550e, Align 500, Devil 380 and a Great Wife.
Angus is online now   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 10-18-2015, 11:19 PM   #22
RCC Expert Contributor
I am: Gerald R
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 30+

Total Props: 13

Originally Posted by BansheeBoy View Post
Go way Brodie. Your opinions are only valid if you have the experience to back it and you don't have that yet. The OP don't need you adding your 2 cents off of topic every chance you get. I enjoy Lorne's product as much as anyone but you are like a jehovah witness in the door way.

Sorry for the dink comments but I have had enough.
Ooooo buuurrrnnn !! LMAO
Props for you Jeff .
The engine is the heart of an airplane , but the pilot is it's soul .
hellyeh is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-15-2015, 04:18 PM   #23
RCC Pro Contributor
I am: Dave H
Radio of choice:
JR 12X / Futaba 18MZ
# of RCs: +20

Total Props: 5

I've owned off and on 9 DA's, everything form 50-170cc. I think they are one of the best engine and manufacturers going... I've never seen the need to send an engine back but have called DA when purchasing a used engine to ensure any updates needed were completed.

Really not sure why people see the need to send an engine back to DA, maybe they think it helps the resale value? Personally if you don't lean out the engine excessively, you run the proper oil mix, and you don't have a prop strike there isn't much that can go wrong with them.

Myself, if two engines were for sale I'd lean towards a DA because of quality and reputation.
RV-8'ting and loving it!!
**Trout Farm Flyers**
zdsh13 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-16-2016, 05:12 PM   #24
RCC Apprentice
I am: Kevin
Radio of choice:
Is there anything other then JR ?
# of RCs: 23

Total Props: 0

DA-150's have served me well over the years. I thinkmive owned 7-8 of them now in various airplanes. I've found some run better then others, but for the most part I have no complaints! Geez, they sure start easier then a few dle's ive had. But like anything, they only run as good as their maintained right.
SmokeMaster is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.