Modesty in MAAC - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Aircraft Discussion Discuss anything RC related

Closed Thread
Old 01-06-2004, 02:26 PM   #11
prangled prop
RCC Junior Contributor

Total Props: 0

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
[quote="kenair"]old Kenair is taking on the chin, the elbows are high going into the corners

Give me a break am I suppose to feel sorry for this poor sod. Come on guys the man has problems. Doctors have a name for people like him that are always right, and the rest of the world is against them. I supprised he hasn't come up with an underground MAAC conspiracy aimed at distroying credibility
prangled prop is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 01-06-2004, 02:47 PM   #12
RCC Junior Contributor

I was wondering if anyone else has seen that commercial on TV with the kid who's all alone in the schoolyard throwing punches into the air? I think the message in that one is pretty clear.

If you don't have time to do it right this time, how are you going to have time to do it again?
cplant is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-06-2004, 03:07 PM   #13
RCC Pro Contributor
I am: Dennis M
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 14

Total Props: 7
At the risk of personal attacks, I will state that I am not willing to pay anymore toward competition than is already paid. People can compete and represent Canada. That is just fine, but I cannot afford to support them in full. I had this attitude when I was involved in soaring full-size and did some competing on my own nickel (no assistance). I don't mind putting something towards it but not the full ticket. You guys who are suggesting a minority feel this way and refer to posts on this board, are not being realistic. With the strong feelings being expressed, no one but an idiot is going to speak up with a different opinion. I thought we were going to be reasonable and discuss things. Coount 1 who is not willing to subsidise competition further.
4*60 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-06-2004, 03:10 PM   #14
I am: Boolean21

Total Props: 56
Ken is quite simply the south end of a horse heading north.

PurgatorY is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-06-2004, 03:15 PM   #15
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Ronm
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 10

A well thought-out sensible reply in a civilized manner.
I don't think you will be attacked.
I respect your opinion.

Ron Mattiuz

Flying Tigers RC Club
"Flying an airplane is just like riding a bike...except it's harder to put cards in the spokes"
ronm is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-06-2004, 03:58 PM   #16
salty morgan
RCC Contributor

i will take a risk too, Fourstar

i'm not much of a debater, can't spell very good, and i absolutely hate political arguments, situations and agendas. at the risk of personal embarrassment i will step out from behind cover and say my piece.

i also don't care to fund competition, though i don't see the big deal over the little money they did get for going to the worlds.

i personally only joined maac so that i could join a club. i joined the club only because i didn't know for a place to fly with out being in the club. (i'm glad i didn't go that route-could have gotten expensive) i have since come to really like my club and the members. the things i've learned from the members, seeing the member's different models, watching others fly etc.

i have no real beef with competition or funding the national team, as long as it doesn't take away from more important issues. and i'll let smarter men than me decide what is important. i believe insurance to be important.

it's not that big a deal to me because i don't like where a lot of my tax dollars go either, so i'm used to it.

kenair-i do like my acquaintances to be opinionated, and i usually cheer for the underdog. i'll be your friend.

i do like to buy other peoples junk...

Bob the Builder is my pilot.

i wish i were more gruntled.

ch 41
salty morgan is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-06-2004, 04:37 PM   #17
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Andrew Coholic
Radio of choice:
JR 12X

Total Props: 1
In my home club, we have guys that scream, literally, and cry each and every year because they think the few dollars out of the yearly dues that goes for "this or that" that they dont agree with, should not be spent and they should pay less because of it.

The rest of us shake our heads each year, and its painfull to watch, and I feel embarrassed for them.

This is the same thing, only instead of my home club its MAAC.

This is, and I promise this time, my last post to anything related to you, ken.

You have a big mouth, but yet whenever someone asks you why not try and get involved with MAAC you shut that same mouth. I ask the same question. Run for your district ZD, and see how far that big mouth takes you....

Andrew Coholic over and out....
Andrew Coholic -MAAC #26287L

1/2A to giant scale, IMAC, SAM, R/C sport, turbine jets, Heli's...
if its got a wing or two and an engine - I like it!
AJCoholic is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.