LX SU47 twin 70mm build - Page 3 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Electric Jets Discuss electric jets in Canada.

Old 12-20-2015, 08:41 PM   #21
Dutkoski
RCC Master Contributor

I am: John D
Radio of choice:
Spectrum
# of RCs: 10+

Total Props: 7
Re: LX SU47 twin 70mm build

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Oops forgot the pic
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	93
Size:	529.0 KB
ID:	783114  
Dutkoski is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 12-20-2015, 08:45 PM   #22
Dutkoski
RCC Master Contributor

Radio of choice:
Spectrum

Using the centre web to mount the two ESC's, both will be exposed to the airflow in the ducting but do not stick out much, also ground out lots of foam so getting the wires to the motors and the battery area a bit more easily. I laminated 1/16" plywood to both upper and lower webs so I can use zip ties to secure the ESC's
Attached Thumbnails

Views:	71
Size:	252.7 KB
ID:	783122  
Old 12-20-2015, 09:07 PM   #23
4stripes
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: Eric K.

Total Props: 10

Nice clean installation John!
I just epoxied mine against the foam towards the rear of the cheaters. The cheater holes will be covered with solid plastic as I think the intakes are plenty large. If I need to remove an ESC I can just peel off the cheater cover and push out the ESC. Hopefully they have been tested sufficiently to prove their reliability....
Now that we have the servo programming done I can't wait to start improving the wing strength and setup the flaps system with drooping leading edge flaps.
Cheers
4stripes is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 12-27-2015, 10:52 AM   #24
Dutkoski
RCC Master Contributor

Radio of choice:
Spectrum

The retracts I have are electric, slightly bigger than yours and are all metal, can't quite remember who I purchased them from �� But they have a 5 mm mounting pins so will suit those straight oleo struts that you too are using. For the nose strut, I just ordered two sets and will convert one strut to use twin front wheels. I saw on HK website they have aluminum hub jet wheels that will fit nicely so ordered them as well.

The retracts mounting flanges are slightly wider than the wheel well so I simply ground down the sides so they will fit, took off about 1/32" on each side. The nose retract has plenty of space. Will epoxy in wood bearers with 1/8" plywood caps so I can install 4-40 blind nuts, don't like using wood screws as some chaps do. I guess I'm just fussy that way, my bud always says I over build.
Old 01-01-2016, 07:12 PM   #25
Dutkoski
RCC Master Contributor

Radio of choice:
Spectrum

Since my model will have thrust vectoring mixed between the elevators, I eliminated a servo and wiring. I have bundled the wiring for the two thrust vectoring servos with the two elevator servos. Some more soldering will need to be done as I oops it. For some reason, I thought I'd configure the radio to believe the plane was a delta wing and program it for elevator/aileron mixing so I could operate the thrust vectoring with both, but, don't want the ailerons to work as elevators too. So, will solder the servo wires so it'll be just elevator control. Plus, will eliminate a 24" length of wire.

Also, I cut access holes to get ate the servo plugs for the rudders.

I presume you are doing the wiring quite differently Eric?
Attached Thumbnails

Views:	66
Size:	709.5 KB
ID:	792578  

Last edited by Dutkoski; 01-01-2016 at 07:18 PM.
Old 01-13-2016, 06:23 PM   #26
Dutkoski
RCC Master Contributor

Radio of choice:
Spectrum

I'm using stronger servos than needed, Hitec HS-81MG's for the elevators and canards, HS-125MG's for the ailerons and the small HS-53's for the rudders. The thrust vector nozzles will be HS-81's, unfortunately, I ran out of the metal gear 82's.

The aileron servo pocket had to be opened up somewhat and come very close to the hinge, so I will be adding a hinge just beyond the servo. They only installed three hinges which I think might be a bit of a problem when I'm doubling the power. Would hate to blow one off on a high speed pass.

How far along are you on your plane Eric?
Attached Thumbnails

Views:	46
Size:	732.8 KB
ID:	804826  
Old 01-14-2016, 05:55 AM   #27
4stripes
RCC Pro Contributor

Building has paused since my holidays ended and work ramped up. The elevators, canards and 2 TV servos will move with a mix of elevator and aileron inputs. The ailerons will only have aileron input. Flaps will operate both the TE and LE flaps similar to our F18, F100 and F16. Rudder channel controls NWS, rudders and the last TV servo. A separate channel operates the electric brakes
Old 01-14-2016, 08:57 AM   #28
Dutkoski
RCC Master Contributor

Radio of choice:
Spectrum

I'm going to try and use an line servo reverser for one of the canard servos to get them working the same, then mix them with the elevator channel. That leaves me with only one Aux channel left, I have a DX8.
I'm not using the parachute as with my I luck, the darn thing would deploy taking off or while flying. One less headache.
Old 01-14-2016, 11:03 AM   #29
4stripes
RCC Pro Contributor

My elevators, canards and main TV servos are all run off two channels. None needed reversing using the stock servo locations.
Yes, almost forgot about that dang parachute! Ours is servo driven from the same channel as the brakes.
Old 01-20-2016, 04:06 PM   #30
Dutkoski
RCC Master Contributor

Radio of choice:
Spectrum

My SU-47 project just came to a grinding halt. Tested the RC Lander retracts the other night, well two out of three working isn't good at all. And my new spare set is at home in Toronto. So, waiting for my order from HK, got those really inexpensive ones, got six, four mains, two nose gear, figure three out of the bunch has to work.

So, full steam ahead on my new project until that happens. And I just found a box small enough for that EDF unit, so will get it in the mail tomorrow Eric.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.