Why won't Americans buy from Canadians? - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Aircraft Discussion Discuss anything RC related

Old 10-24-2015, 07:20 PM   #11
RCC Master Contributor
I am: Norm
Radio of choice:
Spektrum DX8/DX7
# of RCs: 18+

Total Props: 5
Re: Please someone explain to me WHY...

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
.Hey they probably think it would take to long to get here thinking Canada Post uses dog sleds.
Keep Smilin Keep Flyin
There's No Life Like It!!!
Make Safety Priority #1
fsone is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 10-24-2015, 08:43 PM   #12
RCC Supreme Contributor
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 13

Total Props: 58
Re: Please someone explain to me WHY...

I was dealing on an engine on RC Groups once and some donkey butted in telling the seller to drop the deal because Canadian money was not real money and he would be getting the shaft! That was back when the Canadian dollar was above par! We hadn't even discussed what currency I was paying in.

I didn't deter him the deal although I wished it had afterward as the engine was advertised as excellent condition and had zero compression when it arrived!
Hang time does not apply to ceiling fans, light fixtures, overhead door tracks or basketball nets!

Last edited by OLD PRAIRIE RED NECK; 10-24-2015 at 08:53 PM.
OLD PRAIRIE RED NECK is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-26-2015, 10:11 AM   #13
RCC Master Contributor
I am: Cheshire C

Total Props: 1
Re: Why won't Americans buy from Canadians?

It's just a matter of who it is that you are dealing with.

On RC Canada you get the same sort of thing when you read "will not ship". Who knows why?

Then you read "too big to ship". Really? Then how did the guy who has it get it? It came from somewhere.

What about "shipping too expensive". Who cares if the shipping costs more than the item? What's that got to do with anything? The item is what it is and worth what it's worth. The shipping is totally unrelated to that. So if the buyer wants it an is willing to to pay the shipping, what's the seller care?

Lots of excuses hiding the real reason which you are unlikely to ever determine.

Many people find dealing with potential customs clearance issues, brokerage, the post office, high international shipping costs and currency exchange a big hassle and not worth the effort.

Just the way it is.

If someone is really motivated, they will generally find a way to make it work. Otherwise, not for you to worry. Not worth your energy or state of mind to get into a flap about those myopic people.
DO335 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-26-2015, 01:32 PM   #14
RCC Pro Contributor
I am: Dennis M
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 14

Total Props: 7

I have many sales to the US but definitely there are some who will not purchase from Canada. I think "Customs" scares some and the possible delay(which has varied from 0 seconds to several weeks when I have shipped.
Along with the regular scammers there are some now using Canadian addresses as their home(on rcgroups etc.) so that may be ticking some off.

Anyway I have had items shipped to small town Texas in 3 days when a guy needed it quick to several weeks for customs clearance. They proabably want certainty.

below is a post on RCG which may indicate some people's reasoning........

us customs negligence, luckily they were dalprops from SurveilZone.com
Ordered a bunch of 6040 DALprops off SurveilZone.com. Got the package and it has"Examined by U.S. Customs" tape all over it. Instead of cutting the box open like normal people do, they just cut a window out of the middle and cut up a bunch of the props. If they had taken 2-3 more seconds of care they could have easily opened the box on the edge and not damaged the contents. To me it appears as though they are comfortable with intentionally being negligent with packages. They even cut through part of a prop hub which means they were practically trying to cut into the contents of the package and not just the box itself.

And as the subject suggests, I'm glad these were just props, because they would have destroyed just about anything else. As it is I'm only out 3-4 props out of 32. As a testament to the durability of these props, I'll probably sand down the damage and try to use all but the one with the damaged hub.

Last edited by 4*60; 10-26-2015 at 02:15 PM.
4*60 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-26-2015, 01:50 PM   #15
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Ron O.

Total Props: 33

Originally Posted by william storzuk View Post
This is not the first time, i placed an ad on FG. I had two replies from the US showing interest in my 29x10s mejzlik prop and, as soon as, they notice my location is from CANADA they decline the transaction. What's up with that... I get the impression that they don't trust anyone but there own kind, seriously, i'am a nice guy. Oh! that's life i guess.
I have sold lots of stuff to the US, my ratings on the 'other' site must be almost 100 (haven't checked lately)....plus, for the record, the only time I ever got shafted selling stuff was here on RCC.
Trout Farm Flyers
reo is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-26-2015, 02:52 PM   #16
RCC Pro Contributor
I am: Mike B.
Radio of choice:
Spektrum Dx-18G2, Jeti DS-16 Carbon Red

Total Props: 2

I think many Americans don't know where Canada is. They find out you're not in America and they don't know what to make of it.

As far as currency exchange, again they have no idea. This is why many US importers of European goods ie. Tx's, jet engines, powerboxes etc have been able to maintain high US prices even though the bottom of the Euro has fallen out against the US dollar. Most Americans don't know any different.
Phantoms Phorever
luv2flyrc is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-26-2015, 04:01 PM   #17
william storzuk
RCC Contributor
I am: William
Radio of choice:
JR X9503
# of RCs: 2

Total Props: 1

Speaking for myself, if i'am willing to pay and really want a product, who cares were it's coming from. That's just me, i guess.
william storzuk is online now   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-26-2015, 05:50 PM   #18
I am: john m

Total Props: 0

Well I live 90 miles north of Buffalo and will give anyone from the united states a 10% discount as long as the exchange rate is 30%
John/Bev McGuire
web site-- www.jbstreetrods.com
"e" mail-- john@jbstreetrods.com
x-Turd is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-26-2015, 06:16 PM   #19
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Len S
Radio of choice:
Jeti DS16 just need one radio as it does it all but still use my Airtronics SD10.
# of RCs: 10

Total Props: 16

Canada post has gotten better over the last year or so and as far as US or Canada customs damaging a package if you do nothing about reporting it and gripe about it on RCCanada then it is your own fault. Now there is tracking numbers on all packages and if the info is forwarded to the correct authorities then something may be done but if we sit on our asses and complain then nothing gets done.

Myself I don't have any complaints. The odd item may take longer than it should but if you don't want to use courier rates then that may be expected . If time is of the essence then pay the higher rates
stegl is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-30-2015, 12:02 AM   #20
RCC Contributor
I am: Jeremy J

Total Props: 5

Biggest reason is the shipping cost. Shipping from Canada to the USA is ridiculous.
aquila is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.