cant decide ? raptor vs kosho? - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Heli Discussion Discuss general topics on rotary wing aircraft, including construction, Servo's, Gryo's and Stabilizer discussions. Heli Pro Shop

Closed Thread
Old 01-16-2004, 10:55 AM   #1
RCC Noob

Total Props: 0
cant decide ? raptor vs kosho?

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
I presently fly a 40 airplane, but would like to get in helis. I have been searching and have decided on raptor30V2 with ether tt engine or os. Other choice is kosho 30 arf . cant seem to make my mind up. Does any one know about importing from japan, helikraft or cyberheli? In canada the prices range from 1400. to 1600, states arf deluxe package is 700 us to 900 . I was wondering about duty and taxes from these countries, any help would be greatly appreciated. Mabye I should by canadian but i live in the north so i have to order every thing anyway, order from us , japan, or east coast what' the difference. thanks for help, it is very appreciated. Robert. Norther Ontario/
rexxy71 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 01-16-2004, 10:41 PM   #2
RCC Master Contributor
I am: Colin B
Radio of choice:

Total Props: 8
Go with the raptor, it will take you a lot further! More modern design. Caliber is not bad but parts are not as easy to get and the mechanical mixing is not the best if you go that configuration instead of eCCPM. It is slightly heavier.

Align R/C, OS Engines, Futaba, Great Hobbies, Hatori, SGP, Morgan Fuels, Castle Creations
Colin is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-17-2004, 07:17 AM   #3
RCC Contributor
I am: Charlie G
Radio of choice:
JR 11X

I think if you do a little more research, you will find that it is no cheaper buying outside Canada. By the time you take the money exchange, pay duty, pay custom fee's and shipping you will find it's no cheaper, you may even find it is cheaper to buy in Canada (on curtain things). There is a lot of good hobby shops across Canada that could fill your order for the same price (or cheaper). I use to shop in the USA, but I found by the time you pay everything, it was no cheaper, and if you have any problems with your order, WELL!!!!!!! that's another story.
Charlie is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-17-2004, 11:13 AM   #4
RCC Expert Contributor

I agree with you for the most part however i recently purthased a Raptor 50 V2 kit for well below what some canadian hobby shops charge. I actually purchased it from overseas. When everything was all said and done, with an exchange rate of 73%, it cost me significantly less. However I have also purchased items from the US and I would have been in money to buy it from GH. Overall the canadian prices are pretty good.....however with the changing exchange rate it is getting cheaper and cheaper to purchase from the US. I also purchased a JR 8103 heli version with 5 811's for a fair bit cheaper then what the canadian hobby shops could charge. I guess you've just got to do your homework and shop around. And yes i completely agree that if you have problems with your order that it really sucks. I guess that's the risk you gotta take!
MAAC #50437
Ramz-to-tha-Z is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-19-2004, 12:16 PM   #5
RCC Master Contributor
I am: Eric T

Total Props: 2
Come to the dark side.......
tech1 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.