Tamiya Grasshopper system - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Electric RC Car and Truck Discussion Discuss electric RC vehicles

Closed Thread
Old 01-16-2004, 05:07 PM   #1
RCC Contributor

Total Props: 0
Tamiya Grasshopper system

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Hello there ... I need your help

I have a buddy who handed over as part tradea Tamiya grasshopper/radio/charger... the grasshopper is a little beat up and dirty and the speed control is manual (servo driven) ... there is a RX in it but it needed a RX battery and drive battery ..... The TX is an old two stick JR radio and the battery tabs in the back have a couple that have broken off, so need either new tabs soldered on or springs or something ..... I put in tin foil just to see if it would work and the entire system works fine ... the buggy is a blast to drive and my son/daughter LOVE it .... The charger is very old and is timmer driven ... I cant see that being worth more than $10.00 or so right? Question I have is .... What is this worth? I dont want to rip my buddy off but I dont want to pay too much either...... I listed it on ebay a while back with a $100.00 USD reserve and the highest bid I got was $80.00 USD ... is that it?... is that fair? too much?

Thanks in advance for your help
plncrzy is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 01-17-2004, 07:44 AM   #2
RCC Pro Contributor
I am: Steve M
Radio of choice:
Sanwa MX-V

The Tamiya Grasshopper (and later the Grashopper II) are entry level buggies with small 380 motors. They use solid rear axles and spring only suspension. They also made the Hornet that used the larger 540 motors but the basic buggy was the same. The mechanical speed control works fine and with a good 7.2v battery pack you could run this buggy for 20 minutes or so.

Based on your description, you should have sold it all for that US$80 bid and ran.
SteveM is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-17-2004, 09:24 AM   #3
RCC Master Contributor
I am: Rob

I had one at one time i had put a 540 in it with a larger pinion gear and tires off of a Midnight Pumkin lots of fun with that little sucker. I sold it and the Pumkin and a Samari for 150 with two radios and spare parts for all 3 cars so yea you should have sold it and ran
What do you mean , I can land upside down
Rob is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.