Wingham Jet Rally 2016. - Page 16 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Jet Aircraft Discuss Jets in Canada

Old 07-27-2016, 09:58 AM   #151
mebeflyin
RCC Contributor

I am: mark u
Radio of choice:
jr 9503
# of RCs: 25

Total Props: 0
Re: Wingham Jet Rally 2016.

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter A View Post
That is an incorrect statement.
I called Glider landing, i had 2 spotters, Tony called Glider landing and Reeaz called glider landing and we got the OK and I landed.
No one heard a call for the F104 landing and besides the F104 spotter should have advised the pilot that there is traffic on the runway, rudder problem or not.

In fact all of the US guys who came never called take-off or landing, they just took off and landed at their leisure no matter who was in line to startup and fly next.

So please get your facts correct before you blame my spotters since they did their task appropriately and the safety director has the facts incorrect.
sorry peter I didn't hear your spotters then. it's not meant to offend. I have edited the post peter. i was getting a little frustration out peter. this weekend i got low passed by multiple jets everytime i was recovering models from the runway and so did the other guys that were on the ATV. next year i going to have a long safety briefing with all the spotters.

Last edited by mebeflyin; 07-27-2016 at 12:39 PM.
mebeflyin is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 07-27-2016, 10:05 AM   #152
Peter A
RCC Contributor

I am: Peter A

no offence, just making sure the details are out there.
Peter A is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-27-2016, 10:17 AM   #153
mebeflyin
RCC Contributor

I am: mark u
Radio of choice:
jr 9503
# of RCs: 25

Quote:
no offence, just making sure the details are out there.
okay i love you too.
mebeflyin is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 07-27-2016, 02:59 PM   #154
artchristic2
RCC Apprentice

I am: Eugene Christopher
Radio of choice:
JR
# of RCs: 1

Total Props: 2

Hi Guys;

I was the third plane to land.
I was to be the first but Peter had the glider so I let him go.
I was next to the F-104 caller
The F-104 did call but made the landing without checking the runway.
I just saw a blur and heard the noise.
The F-104 should have waited till the runway was clear and also for me CT-114 Snowbird to land before him.
No fault to Peter.

S_ _ _ _ happens even to the best of us

Last edited by artchristic2; 07-27-2016 at 03:05 PM.
artchristic2 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-27-2016, 03:14 PM   #155
bcovish
RCC Noob

I am: Bob C
Radio of choice:
DX18

Quote:

In fact all of the US guys who came never called take-off or landing, they just took off and landed at their leisure no matter who was in line to startup and fly next.
Peter A. First of all I don't like to get on these public forums and have a pissing match with anyone. But I'm going to make an exception here.

Your statement above is a bunch of crap. I was one of the flyers and also spotted for a number of people. Intentions were announced on every flight I was involved in. I know other spotters did the same thing.

So please get your facts straight and stop the accusations.

I'm not going respond to any others posts on this matter because when you argue with a idiot, it's hard to tell who the real idiot is.

If you or any others don't want the US pilots to attend the next event, I can make it happen that at least 4 US pilots won't be there.

I want to thank all of the Canadian pilots (except one) who bent over backwards to show that we were welcome.

Bob'O
bcovish is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-27-2016, 03:39 PM   #156
luv2flyrc
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: Mike B.
Radio of choice:
Spektrum Dx-18G2, Jeti DS-16 Carbon Red

Total Props: 2

Hey guys, this was an awesome event and just an incredible amount of fun. Bob, we really appreciated the trek our USA friends made and certainly hope you will join us again, you are always welcome here

Mike
Old 07-27-2016, 03:51 PM   #157
Blair Howkins
RCC Junior Contributor

I am: Blair H
Radio of choice:
JR 12x
# of RCs: 10

Total Props: 1

Everyone, I to do not like to speak opennly on these public forums, but I would like to make one request. I would greatly appreciate it if everyone could use this site to share there positive comments only. If there are any negative issues or concerns, please feel free to contact me personally or the person you have issue with, out side social media.
Wingham Jets very much enjoyed the presence of our US friends and we truly hope see you again next year.
Blair Howkins is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-27-2016, 03:56 PM   #158
bcovish
RCC Noob

I am: Bob C
Radio of choice:
DX18

Mike, it was an awesome event and the after hours get together were awesome as well.
Talking with the powers that be, we will be there next year.

The only obstacle in the way now, will it Hillary or Donald. Maybe I'll join you in Canada
bcovish is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-27-2016, 03:57 PM   #159
rcguy5
RCC Contributor

I am: Mike B

Total Props: 1

What a man you are to come on here and call someone an idiot, one that definitely isn't an idiot! Shows the type of person you are when there is no way you could have been there to witness every flight/every spotter to confirm what was going on. The ego is strong in this one, especially stating you can stop 4 other US pilots from attending again! How is that threatining? Are you what makes the event?

This boils my blood! Peter has sponsored this event from its inception, and this BOB'O is allowed to come on here and call one of Blairs sponsors an idiot!!

Last edited by rcguy5; 07-27-2016 at 04:40 PM. Reason: Added more!
rcguy5 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-27-2016, 05:00 PM   #160
scott marr
RCC Noob

I am: scott m

Quote:
That is an incorrect statement.
I called Glider landing, i had 2 spotters, Tony called Glider landing and Reeaz called glider landing and we got the OK and I landed.
No one heard a call for the F104 landing and besides the F104 spotter should have advised the pilot that there is traffic on the runway, rudder problem or not.

So please get your facts correct before you blame my spotters since they did their task appropriately and the safety director has the facts incorrect.

Hello there,

I heard us USA guys have been accused of improper actions and i would like to clarify Peter accusations.

1. I personally asked at every start up who was in line and who was next without exception if I was pilot or caller 100%. i took my turn every flight

2. I called every single take off, gear pass and landing if I was caller or pilot 100%
3. I never buzzed anyone on the runway while i was flying or calling 100%
4. Ali is not american, He is British

I think its very childish for Peter to come on here and try to make foolish accusations that are not correct.
Ive been flying jets since 1999. I know the procedures and protocols.
I was there from Wed through Sat. wasnt really that busy except for Sat. I flew alone or with one or 2 others at most except a few occasions on Saturday. I never witnessed any of Peter accusations and certainly didnt partake in any.
Ali had an emergency landing. His rudder was stuck at full deflection and was lucky to have enough control to even make it close to the runway to salvage his jet. it happened very quickly and a forced emergency landing was made. it did not damage Peter glider and Im not sure why he felt compelled to come on here crying and pointing fingers at Americans. I only saw Peter Friday and Saturday and not sure how he came to these accusations, but they are totally unjustified.
I personally think gliders should stay away from jet events. especially events with runway lights. they take entirely too long to clear while they are sitting on the runway in this type of situation and 3 guys have to be on runway to clear the model. accident waiting to happen. a runway without lights or either fly alone.
Thanks Peter for trying to slander us Americans! Really professional!
Dirty Americans in attendance
Scott Marr
Bob Covish
Michael Abraira
Tim Redelman
Brad Long

Yep 5 guys ruined the event according to Peter
Thanks Peter

Scott Marr
scott marr is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.