General RC Aircraft Discussion Discuss anything RC related

Closed Thread
Old 11-08-2015, 06:39 PM   #41
RCC Contributor
I am: John R
Radio of choice:

Total Props: 2
Re: Bad Deal

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Does anyone actually know how much the plane was re-sold for...???????????????

Asking price doesn't mean you get it.
doby is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 11-08-2015, 06:41 PM   #42
RCC Apprentice
I am: Ian B
# of RCs: 4

Total Props: 0

Did the seller just not understand the market value of what he was selling? I think this is the reason most people put very high prices up to test the market.
Arrowblitz is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-08-2015, 06:47 PM   #43
★ Site Supporter ★
★ Site Supporter ★★ Administrator ★
I am: William A
Radio of choice:

Total Props: 62

Originally Posted by ap_rpm View Post
Hi Guys, I know some of you are thinking already bad about me, let me clarify something here, I paid what Robert was asking for this plane, I didn't steal the plane from him besides of that I'm giving him the credit he deserves for the master piece of Art he made.
I still have the plane with me, I have a spoken deal with Randy holding the plane until the end of Dec or early January to pay for the plane, so as soon as I get the money I will give an extra $500 bucks to Robert Jhonson he doesn feel too bad for the deal he made with me.
My intension was to keep the plane as part of my fleet, when I arrived home my wife wasn't too happy with the size of the plane, it barely fit on my car, it will be an issue to transport this piece of Art, so I decided to re-sell it, as many of you here buy and sell rc planes and stuff to fund new project, I don't see anything illegal here.

I hope this won't change the way you guys see me from now on.

I'm sorry if this have upset more than one person here.

Good for you Ricardo, that should make all parties involved very happy. Beautiful model that deserves to be flown and cared for.

''engine hoarder''
williame3590 is online now   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-08-2015, 06:52 PM   #44
RCC Master Contributor
I am: Darren G
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 12

Total Props: 8

i posted a thread here on an airplane that I have because I wanted to get a rough idea of what it might be worth... I did this for exactly this reason... The show "Pickers" is exactly this.. they go to a guys barn, buy up stuff they know they can make money on.. Is it right in our hobby .... well that's the issue... but it will make the seller more aware the next time he sells something.. I know I am, when I sell things.. (have had this happen to me more than once).. And the outcome turned out to be good in the end anyways..
Darren loves Floatplanes and dirt bikes
cf-drg is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-08-2015, 06:57 PM   #45
RCC Junior Contributor
I am: Peter
Radio of choice:
DX 18

Total Props: 0

Ok...I think everyone has been heard and now we can close this thread please.
Flyerpete is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-08-2015, 07:09 PM   #46
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★
I am: John C
Radio of choice:
Jeti DS-16
# of RCs: 8

Total Props: 18

Originally Posted by Flyerpete View Post
Ok...I think everyone has been heard and now we can close this thread please.
What? You basically "out a guy" without any real info! And now you want to just slink away from your mess! Wow!
This hobby is a Slickness!
cravenjw is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-08-2015, 07:25 PM   #47
★ Site Supporter ★
★ Site Supporter ★★ Administrator ★
I am: William A
Radio of choice:

Total Props: 62

Ricardo will have his chance. I didn't really agree with this thread being started but lets just let it play out. I think it will all work out in the end.

''engine hoarder''
williame3590 is online now   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-08-2015, 07:37 PM   #48
RCC Senior Contributor
I am: michael o
Radio of choice:
JR ss and 8103, FrSky Taranis
# of RCs: 20

Total Props: 4

I think it is a nice gesture on Ricardo's part to offer to share part of the expected profit with original seller/builder....
unless there was an explicit condition on Ricardo's purchase that the plane be for his use/not sold for x amount of time, etc. then in my opinion it would have been fine he bought with prospect of reselling it (which he said was not his intent in going into the sale).

or unless the original seller/builder was somehow incapable of making a free will judgment

The market value of finished models is, in the vast majority of cases, well under the retail value of the materials used, even without including labor time. ( There have been a couple of beautifully built vintage models that have been offered for sale her for sometime at very low prices.)

I agree that if there are conditions such as an understanding that the plane be used by buyer to learn how to fly or is secured as a 'donation' to non-profit purpose then reselling without the agreement of the seller is "not ok".

Should we be upset .... as some on a U.S. forum are... that some buyers are collectors and don't have a definite plan to run an engine or build a kit.... or should people who buy up the assets in an estate sale of a dead modeler - without a consignment agreement or a less clear obvious "taking advantage" of the survivor - be seen as immoral if they make more in eventual sales then they paid...... how about all of us still living modelers who attend an auction at an estate sale and get a great deal

Market value is a moving target and results in smiles and frowns: I have a nib Webra Speed .60 that I bought decades ago for probably $150 Cdn. Even with the inflation of our currency in the meantime, I probably won't clear $100 in a sale today. An a Cox TD.049 that I bought a couple of decades ago for $25 would have sold, at times since then for over $100. I'd be laughing if I bought, at the same time a bunch of Cox TD .010s for a Hughes' Spruce Goose project (smiley)
.... as someone else has said earlier, there is no harm in putting a high price in an initial offer for sale and neither should others take offence that high price is not justified in their mind (and yes, it is fine, in my mind, to point out that the item for sale at an outrageously high price, could currently be bought retail for the same or less)

And, on a personal level, a while ago Ricardo posted a give away of quarter scale CAP airframe which had little more than some hanger rash issues, and I was lucky enough to be online here at the time and picked it up and had a nice modeling buddy conversation when we meet. He is an ok guy.
Coincidentally, at the same time another member of this forum was offering exactly the same model, obviously in better condition, for a couple of hundred of dollars - strange things happen.

just my opinion; others will differ
Newmarket, Ontario
MAAC 15048
michaely is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-08-2015, 07:40 PM   #49
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Len S
Radio of choice:
Jeti DS16 just need one radio as it does it all but still use my Airtronics SD10.
# of RCs: 10

Total Props: 16

Got a better one than what transpired than this one, by far. Modeller A gave modeller B some used and some new in the box engines FREE as he was moving away and didn't think he would use them and because he was a nice guy. Returned a year or two later and asked modeller B if he still had them ? Modeller B said yes and which ones did he want to buy back. Now that I couldn't believe but "got this from the horses mouth." THAT really takes the cake.
stegl is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-08-2015, 07:43 PM   #50
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★
I am: Ricardo P.
Radio of choice:
Spektrum DX8, DX6i
# of RCs: 7

Total Props: 3

Thanks Michael, I really appreciate your comment, I want to add also that the plane was posted on kijiji for more than two weeks and no body bought it but me, I paid the seller the cash he agreed on, he was with his wife, so I didn't take advantage of anyone here.

I emailed Robert to clarify the situation and offer him $500 back when I complete the deal (
if after Randy reads this thread decides to go ahead)

I hope he accept my offer, he has been very rude at me so far.

Last edited by ap_rpm; 11-08-2015 at 07:52 PM.
ap_rpm is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.