Old 11-08-2015, 07:52 PM   #51
RCC Junior Contributor
★ Site Supporter ★
I am: Adrian A.
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 1

Total Props: 5
Re: Bad Deal

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Ahhh, this reminds me of some other dealings on this site... yup...

Sellers try to help out fellow modelers, get burnt, been there had that doneto... not a good feeling at all.

If you added value to the plane , then there is no problem charging more, but if you didn't , just ask for what you paid for, makes you wonder the tru value of the other models being sold.
cr8tiveleo is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 11-08-2015, 07:53 PM   #52
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★
I am: John C
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 10+

Total Props: 2

1/ It seems a plane was up for sale, The asking price was $1000.00 set by the seller. (Sailorboy)

2/ The asking price was paid by the new owner. (AP_RPM)

3/ The new owner decides to sell it at a profit. (AP_RPM)

Seems like common business sense here. Oh but wait this is not supposed to be a business, this is a hobby where we buy and resell for the same or less than we paid, breaking even or loosing. I wonder how many people do this consistently and stay around. Sounds like a bottomless pit if we all were to do this.
I know Ricardo and have had many dealings with him and others. Where or how much someone paid when they acquired something does not matter, only how much the buyer is willing to pay when that person wants to sell it. Show me a person who has never flipped something for a profit ever. Come on guys lets beat a guy up because he made a few bucks. What about all the times he/we loose, never much complaining about that. I had a house for sale and the bidding war started and it sold for $15000 more than the asking price. Did anyone complain? NO happens every day this is the society we all live in. Should I have said to the winning bidder oh wait you won the sale of the house but you still only have to pay the asking price. Never happens, Never will.

This thread is all about bashing a buyer/seller (AP_RPM) who made a profit from another seller plain and simple. This is reality and happens every day everywhere. The bashing for this is WRONG.
John C

How high is too high?
When you ask yourself
Where did my plane go?

MAAC# 84894 / IMAC# 7441
micadley is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-08-2015, 08:17 PM   #53
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★
I am: Angus
Radio of choice:
Futaba 18mz
# of RCs: 10

Total Props: 5

Ricardo you are nothing but a gentleman, you have 117 transactions at 100% feedback. Like everyone ( business minded) says, "good for you", nothing wrong with buying and selling to make a profit...hence Ebay buyer/sellers

The fact that that you are willing to give $500 back ...speechless well done.

don't loose sleep over it and by the way thanks for the great deal and quick shipping on the muffler you sent out, fits perfect!

Have a great day

Comp Arf Flash, Retro Reaction, Comp Arf Extra330, Aeroworks Extra300L, Goblin 770, Goblin 500, Align 550e, Align 500, Devil 380 and a Great Wife.
Angus is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-08-2015, 08:28 PM   #54
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★
I am: Ricardo P.
Radio of choice:
Spektrum DX8, DX6i
# of RCs: 7

Total Props: 3

Thanks a lot John, Angus and all you guys who understand the real situation, I feel some people here are bulling me without knowing me or the facts, I hope the guy who started this thread is happy now.

ap_rpm is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-08-2015, 08:48 PM   #55
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★
I am: Dave Z
Radio of choice:
Futaba 18MZ
# of RCs: 6

Total Props: 17

I hope nobody here ever opens up a pawn shop
Two wrongs don't make a right, but two Wrights will make an airplane.

My Heli: Futaba 18MZ 2x(JR GSR260Z Sports FBL, Zenoah G26H, Futaba CGY750 Gyro, Futaba BLS-351 cyclic, BLS-251 tail, Futaba BLS-451 Throttle. Gryphon voltage regulator).
HAL9KPCM is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-08-2015, 08:53 PM   #56
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★
I am: Dave R.
Radio of choice:
Futaba 7C 2.4
# of RCs: 12+

Total Props: 24

Interesting read, lots of emotion obviously. I've been in the position of selling an aircraft that I really loved, to someone who gave me every impression that they desperately wanted it, and would cherish it for some time. So I sold it, for nowhere near what it was worth. Little did I know, they already had another buyer lined up, and sold it at a profit. Yup, I was pretty upset. Karma being what it is, a really good friend of mine contacted me, about an aircraft for sale, and wanted my thoughts. Low and behold, it was that very same aircraft. It's now back at my place, getting a new engine, and a different colour scheme, and my buddy that I'm doing the work for, truly will enjoy it. In the end, it's just a model, if my heart and soul were really in it, I'd not have sold it in the first place. In the big scheme of life, it's nothing, certainly not worth losing sleep over, nor being hateful about. We still all fly together, we've all moved on, no questions asked, and we managed to keep friendships intact. Worth a lot more than one RC airplane.
mwavesdave is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-08-2015, 08:56 PM   #57
★ Site Supporter ★
★ Site Supporter ★★ Administrator ★
I am: William A
Radio of choice:

Total Props: 62

I might just do that one day Dave. Not a pawn shop per say but a used model airplane shop. I have always wanted a job doing something I love. Rebuilding engines, refurbishing model airplanes etc. could be a lot of fun and may even put some KD on the table.

''engine hoarder''
williame3590 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-08-2015, 08:59 PM   #58
RCC Apprentice
I am: Warren G
Radio of choice:
Spektrum DX6
# of RCs: 2

Total Props: 0

The last time I checked, people buy and sell houses for a profit, sometimes within a very short period of time. There is nothing wrong with what happened here and really is nobody's business but the guy that bought the plane and is now selling it.

People need to mind their own business and not everyone else's business.
cast-away is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-08-2015, 09:00 PM   #59
RCC Pro Contributor
I am: Dave V
Radio of choice:
JR X9503 / Spektrum DX18G2

Total Props: 4

Originally Posted by luv2flyrc View Post

BTW, one only has to look at the profile/feedback of the the fellow who re-sold it at a profit to realize that "his hobby" is buying and reselling RC stuff.

There are other guys on here with that hobby too.

Ricardo, it is obvious to most of us that you buy and sell for profit and that is your right. You bought a couple of E-Flite Ultimates from me and I saw one pop up on RCC shortly after our deal. I'm in business myself and know the importance of making a profit so I didn't take it personally.

However, regarding the deal in question, when you got called out on it, you should have just owned it rather than saying "it barely fit in the car"...."wife wasn't too happy", etc. Just own it man!! Admit that you bought the plane with $$ in mind and people will let it go.

Just my opinion.

Good Luck!

Dave V.
Burlington Radio Control Modelers
Team Skycraft
jake_027 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-08-2015, 09:28 PM   #60
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★
I am: Ricardo P.
Radio of choice:
Spektrum DX8, DX6i
# of RCs: 7

Total Props: 3

IHi Dave, yes, I sold one in rccanada and the other one in a swap meet, as you said that's my right and is also you guys rights if you want to buy any of my items at a real good deal.

If you and the other guys are waiting for me to admit anything I will say I agree on all of what you say above, the original plan was to keep it, the plane was for sale on kijiji, so anyone could buy it for what ever reason or intentions, I paid the price asking for the seller, and now I'm giving him an extra $500 which the original seller accepted already after been very rude on emails, looks like he was looking for more money and this is all about.

ap_rpm is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.