Good R\C Suppliers - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Aircraft Discussion Discuss anything RC related

Closed Thread
Old 02-05-2004, 02:04 PM   #11
RCC Master Contributor
I am: Scott

Total Props: 0

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
I'll have to second Nuker's opinion on Pinnacle Hobby. About 90% of my spending goes there. When my wife walks in, the guys immediately knows it is my birthday or anniversary as she always gets gift certificates for me.
I never crash...I land with style!

Ajax R/C Club
Fodder is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 02-05-2004, 02:47 PM   #12
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Ron
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 23

Total Props: 19
Being down in the boonies.........

of Southern Windsor.........I have to admit I order a LOT from Great Hobbies..........and if I'm in the London area.......I use AVF on Dundas street if I need it very soon ( good stock and comparable)...........must be Randy Brown's fav too. We have a local guy for emergencies only as the price is +25% higher than all the rest..............or..............wait for Toledo where the best can be had REALLY cheap in $US as the dollar dives down.
Hangar Nine SpitFire..Saito.100
Top Flite P51..Saito.91
RCGUYS Decathlon..SPE 26
ronnieo is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-05-2004, 03:35 PM   #13
Da Giz
RCC Noob

I must say that I have never been disappointed or had a bad experience in all my many dealings with any of the following list of retailers

Hobby Hobby
R/C Wings'n'Things

and last but not least Joe at my LHS on Dundas St. in Woodstock Ont
Da Giz is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-05-2004, 04:03 PM   #14
RCC Junior Contributor

I sort of feel bad that people think I am bad-mouthing Pinnacle hobbies. I have been there a number of times (10 or so), and I have never had any notable problems. But, I have waited a long time for service while they were drinking Tim Hortons - fixing the owner's motor-bike (I know a lot more about the steering problems on his motor-bike than I should as a waiting-for-service customer) - chatting with "friends", etc. I just feel that based on the service I have had from other LHS's, I would rather spend my 1000's elsewhere (and pinnacle should know that!). If I am going to support a brick-and-mortar shop, it may as well be the one I feel *most* welcome at. Also, I have found that some of the times I have gone to pinnacle looking for something specific, they have had to order it (which I politely decline), and make a trip to Ideal where I have almost always been able to get the part. These have been things I would expect to find, like GP Engine mounts (40 size), 2 1/4 alumnium spinners (the ones that APC's fit without cutting...), etc.

So, I am not boycotting Pinnacle, just taking my money to somewhere where it is more appreciated (an I feel warm-and-fuzzy).

if only...
gus is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-05-2004, 04:09 PM   #15
RCC Expert Contributor
I am: Bill M

R/C suppliers

Triad Aviation is great to deal with, John Jeffries owns it and either has or can get just about anything, prices have been great so far for everything i have ordered, his website is
he is a ZDZ dealer and has recently started dealing the MVVS line with great prices, and not only that no PST. Check him out hes a real nice guy.
There is no such thing as too low
Team Yak
Team "M"
WildBill is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-05-2004, 06:26 PM   #16
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: John Davidson
Radio of choice:
EVO(12), Futaba
# of RCs: ?

I have dealt mostly with 2 lhs's in Calgary mainly RC Hanger(Doug) and PMS hobbies in the north end. Doug I find with his wife Donnette are very helpful with me and are not to far out when comparing. He also won't sell you something that is not good for your purpose unless you insist. PMS I find the staff changes considerably and I feel and get treated like the new kid on the block. I know the owner Jim very well and his son who is running it now are very friendly but I am not known to the others. Also the north end is more out of my way when you have to drive 70 miles to start. Would also deal in Lethbridge like I did years ago but he closed probably from non support.
I do order once in a while from the states(tower) and have never been burnt but that was when I was working 70 hrs. a week. I also ordered once from I believe Radical and that was for something special. (plugs for servo connectors). The bottom line I support as much as possible my local lhs be it a little far.
John Davidson
Keep the shiny side up and the wheels down
Vulcan1 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-05-2004, 06:39 PM   #17
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Bob D.
Radio of choice:
Futaba 12FG
# of RCs: 1+

Hey Gus,

no need to defend your statements, wasn't any attack on you, just posting my own experiences and those of a lot of local guys at that shop. Everyone has an opinion which is great. The thread asked for positive comments only so I posted mine on various shops. The LHS's can't please everyone and you certainly should be able to spend your $$ where you are omfortable. That's what I do

you are right, that's a breed of shop that is missed. (but you gotta wonder what he would have done if a customer did ask for a dead rat; worth putting someone up to it for the reaction )

Bob D.
Ajax RC Club
Indoor Aero-Choppers
Member of MAAC since I joined

Lighten Up, Life is waaaaaayyyy too short
Nuker is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-05-2004, 07:10 PM   #18
RCC Pro Contributor
I am: Dennis M
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 14

Total Props: 7
Servocity. Excellent prices and service! Two Hitec flight packs for $140 US recently was a good sale. Free shipping to US address. I just picked them up and are 100%. I've had other dealings with them also.
My local guy is small but the best you can deal with, so I encourage using the local supplier when they are good and deserve your business!
4*60 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-05-2004, 09:51 PM   #19
RCC Senior Contributor
I am: ID

H.H., RC Wings & Things, Flightcraft are all good stores for what they carry. Some just carry certain things the others don't. Hobby Wholesale has excellent prices and phone support. I spend way more $$$ at the former 3. Tom is grate at H.H., just wish he was there more. I want to check out Ideal Hobbies sometime soon, Gavin was always a pleasure to deal with.
"The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible." - Arthur C. Clarke
2thelmt is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-06-2004, 05:57 PM   #20
I am: JimmyD
Radio of choice:
JETI Duplex DS-16
# of RCs: 6

Total Props: 16
Hey guys,

It would be helpfull if you could post links to the stores you like... like servocity.

Vulcan1.. where is RC hnger? I spent at least a week a month in Calgary from moid Aprill 1999 to mid March 2001 but i don't think I ever found that store. PMS was 5 minutes from my hotel and i visited them often. Yes agree staff seemed to change almost weekly! Was nice to see that he did consignment sales on some used stuff though!

Gavin at Ideal Hobbies is doing similar thing. He has an upstairs Loft where he is selling used stuff. Eassier then selling on ebay!
Jim Daly
IMAC Sequence Committee Member
Your Friendly Neighborhood SouthEast Zone Director
MAAC #14323L IMAC #3678
scaleguy is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.