RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Combat Discuss Aerial Combat.

Closed Thread
Old 02-14-2004, 08:14 PM   #1
RCC Senior Contributor
I am: matt s

Total Props: 0
GWS Combat!

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Who in the toronto area would be willing to do an electric 1/15 scale GWS or equivilent WW2 scale combat. I am definetly up to it!
matteo is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 03-20-2004, 10:24 AM   #2
RCC Contributor

Re: GWS Combat!

Originally Posted by matteo
Who in the toronto area would be willing to do an electric 1/15 scale GWS or equivilent WW2 scale combat. I am definetly up to it!
Hi Matteo,

This sounds pretty interesting, but I don't have much experience with the small electrics. What would use for streamer that is light enough?

I have heard tell of guys in the Ottawa Valley zone doing electric combat with Zagi's dragging videotape.

I'm thinking of getting a GWS tiger moth this summer if that would work, otherwise I'd be happy to pick up an FFX parkflyer warbird and give that a try... I know for sure that they would have the power.

Anyone else have any experience trying electric combat?
Dave "SideSlip" Plank
MAAC# 64211
Humber Valley RC Flyers
Sideslip is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-20-2004, 11:23 AM   #3
RCC Junior Contributor
I am: Richard

Total Props: -4
hmmmm sounds interesting i might par take in such a trial i have a gws slow stick i could offer up and if i really need to i guess i could spend the 80-90 to buy a zero or stang or corsair or other of the gws combat plane kits to start into it i think it would be fun and i think the repairs would even be quicker than coro field repairs

WOW i didnt expect that to happen !! did you charge up your battries ??
i just got a hit !! i had it full up and nada dude !! are you on the right model ??
i thought you would have checked everything since its a madien flight !!!
ive got a garbage bag in my car if you want one ?? that knife edge was a little low bro !!
oh ya its goin in!! did you bolt the wings on?? i forgot to plug in my alerons!!

SHOCKWAVE is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-20-2004, 02:35 PM   #4
Gary Maker
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Gary M.
Radio of choice:
Spektrum DX8
# of RCs: 7

Total Props: 9
I just went to the Canadian Warplane Heritage Museum this morning and there was an indoor electric and rubber funfly. Hank Uroda and Marc Thompson did a combat. I think they used regular streamers but cut them to about an inch wide. It was a real blast to watch. Planes had no problem pulling the streamers.

Both planes were made from Depron foam and equipped with outrunner type brushless motors and 3 cell LiPoly packs. Marc used his "Foamtana" and Hank had is own modified designed "Snoopy". It was a great event and a lot of fun to watch.
Stoney Creek Hawks RC
MAAC No. 43659

Radios used: Spektrum DX6i
Current builds: 1/4 scale J3 Cub & Neiuport 17 and KMP B-25.
Currently flying: Scratched Tele 40, Parkzone Stryker & 60" SPAD Debonaire

"Time flies like an arrow - fruit flys like a banana." Groucho Marks
Gary Maker is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-05-2004, 12:02 AM   #5
Stainless Steel Rat
RCC Noob

Hello Guys just thought I'd throw in my 2 cents worth, A friend and I were goofing around one night while everyone was flying electrics (mainly GWS aircraft) and he came up close behind my beaver and then flew above it and pushed it down, well not to be outdone I did the same to him, all this gentle "Landing" on each other soon lead to coming up underneath wings and flipping each other over, do aq vicious dog fight, well to make a long story short we were laughing so much everyone was watching and chearing for their favorite (Moth or Beaver) then with one deft manouver we narrowly avoided a prop to prop hit but some minor damage was done, I had no sooner said I was landing (Wing strut had come off the wing)then from about 50 feet the wing folded and in it went, (about 15 min later it was back in the air after some epoxy and ca work and a new prop), my friend was laughing so had as was I it was a real surprise when he lost the 2 wings on one side not 5 seconds after mine had folded, we both had a great time and will ofcourse continue this as the fun amount was just too high, not recomended for everyone but it was a great stress releaver and we shared a beer later around the fire after the planes were fixed (epoxy diies fast )
Bibo Ergo Sum
Stainless Steel Rat is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-06-2004, 06:11 PM   #6
RCC Senior Contributor
I am: Jason H

Total Props: 1
eventhough their only small electrics, without a huge potential for danger, I can't say that I condone purposely hitting another aircraft, not even the super heavy duty open B's. Does sound fun, but I'd reccomend sticking to cutting streamers.

Dave, I just ordered a GWS Tiger Moth last night from great hobbies. Hope it flies good. A member at the club has one and says that it can't fly in even a breeze. Oubviously he's a sport pilot and not a combat pilot!
Jason Holdaway

In theory, everything works.
Patch is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-09-2004, 10:02 PM   #7
RCC Senior Contributor
I am: matt s

There is a compat that most PBFs use its prop wash combat. What you try to do is fly over to pf another person and pull up and haver over them. the prop wash might push them out of the air. just a thought

matteo is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-10-2004, 11:34 AM   #8
Chris Cann
RCC Supreme Contributor

foe e-combat what about these things!
Chris Cann is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.